Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2046 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm honestly not even drafting this round.. I don't suspect I'd be able to open a spot for someone that would crack my top 25 minors
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't consider cutting my weak 10 pot OF for a heart beat just to draft another 8 pot.

The draft is kinda realistic I guess, but boring and almost pointless after round 4
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Aren’t new players “released” each week? Like how managers work. They all exist, but they can’t all be signed. They trickle out over the season.

Perhaps fresh blood doesn’t get added this late in the draft. Certainly wouldn’t advise cutting someone you like. But I can’t bring myself to skip my chance, even if it is extremely small.

That said, I cut a P I sort of like to get a look at 10 baddies. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that's the case. I assume that is how Fresno pulled a POT 15 in the 8th round last season. I made room for a pick. Hoping that POT 18 pitcher would be newly available. It looks like he isn't coming out this season though.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I assumed they were different from managers and all made at the start of the year and hence got depleted after a few rounds. Just an assumption of course.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hayseed, I was assuming the same thing as well. If done differently, then why have the percentage remaining? I don’t see how you could say there is a percent of players remaining if you introduce players each week.

Do others disagree or have a way to accomplish both, i.e. introduce new players and show percentage remaining?
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I am of the thought that the draft is comprised of a set number of players created for that season and as the rounds go by, we are left with the dregs, or the occasional gem that never popped up before for anyone...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well the numbers do change. We've seen 105% of players remaining before. This is at least part due to the fact that players learn new positions. Its hard to tell if high POT guys have not been drafted because they haven't been allowed through the gate, or because they simply haven't shown up on anyone's board. Either way. There are high POT guys still out there. So I made room.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Call me lucky?

13Pots in the last two rounds.
http://brokenbat.org/player/252993
http://brokenbat.org/player/259688
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's no all-star, but I was able to make some room for Marcos Ramirez. Decent for an 8th rounder.

Previous Page | Show All |