Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> How many claimed   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't worry Seca, it's always a pleasure to talk with you and discuss different POVs.

I've bet he has something else in the tank, otherwise it's an easy cut.
You looked at his ops in the minors and that's ok, but he was young, undeveloped while collecting the larger portion of his AB, and then he went up and down.
He has his flaws undoubtedly, but I need him possibly as a on base man against RHP.
You bet on pot10, I bet on "island of misfits toys" ;)

Updated Tuesday, June 23 2020 @ 1:37:44 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm with Seca on players like Noh. Anyone who is an extreme groundball hitter - and by process a GIDP guy - is to be avoided at all costs. I cut O'Conner in the prime of his career because of his extreme groundball tendencies - the bad tends to outweigh the good, in my estimation. The defence is probably solid but nothing more, and unlikely to outweigh the lack of offence.

On the other hand I'm not sold on Salgado. If he hits the minimum of 12pot with that report he might be a 6 BC/6 PD guy, which means a 13 HR, .230 BA player (with a great glove).

Each to their own. :)
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Everything is possible, I'm not here saying Noh will be a stud, absolutely. He may be a situational fix.

O'Conner, for example, lacked also a defensive home: 19 arm, but lefty, penalized as a catcher.

There are ton of players out there, everyone with their flaws. And ton of managers, everyone with their philisophies.
Not every player could be a pot15, flyballer with 20 power, PD, BC, Hitting etc.
Very often there are combos which don't work such as speedsters who don't steal or ppl with towering power which put the ball in the dirt. We unfortunately couldn't rework their swing or their attitude, we could only claim or pick and develop, but it's mostly a matter of luck.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Have 4 claimed hope is faded finding a 3B before season start.
Lewis Wahl's at 70 with 3hrs to go?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, I got one. Not great, but he'll fill a uni until somebody else comes along. Meanwhile, we'll see if turning up his steals will get some results out of that 19 speed.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Shame he doesn't know much about playing OF.

Not a great off-season for Waterloo. Come away with a 2 claimer, 2 1 claim guys, and a free agent. We'll take it.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, I'll have you know, these are The Novi "Defense is a thing, now?" Doubledays. We have a tradition to uphold here :P

He's going to play full time RF at least vs. lhp whenever I hit the tank button this season. Add to his position coaches malpractice, his numbers aren't very encouraging. Looks like a one-dimensional offensive player and that dimension is pretty small.

I have a bunch of young OF claims from last year I need to shake down to see who's going to be part of the long-term mediocrity.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a claim on him, but in the end I was too worried about his lack of outfielder elegibility.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Definitely not a Whoo hoo! moment in the front offices when the ticker tape was read to us. I had three claims out today, he was the one I was crossing my fingers behind my back on.

If he had one more thing going for him, I'd be a little excited about him. Looks like an above average contact guy that hits it into the dirt a whole lot. I'm between eras, so I'm more willing to take some flyers on guys, but he's not far down the cut list.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Got 2claimed. 1 40waiver and 1 20waiver. Should I cut for better odds of winning 1? Tuesday last day FA/WA close!!!

Previous Page | Show All |