Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Proposal for Buying/Selling player market   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
njfe0890

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
why not do it like in the MLB, teams offered to the player's current salary and the team in which the player has more chances to play regularly it is, I mean if I have a good bid for SS and SS, then that player may not want to be transferred to that team that will not have the opportunity to play every day, also taking into account the possibility of winning titles

at least that's what more is taken into account in the MLB, right after the money
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Waivers
All players on the waiver list are players that someone else in Broken Bat has decided to sell or to get ride. The players are listed with their name, sales deadline, position, estimated skill and the number of offers made for them. You can choose to list players within the following categories:

(Same af the free agent search page)

If you click a player's name you see the offer in detail. Offers on the transfer market cannot be fully trusted. The skill level shown for a player is an estimate that may prove to be inaccurate. It may therefore be worth examining the player before making a offer.

If you want to make an offer for a player you write your offer in the (that's your choice Steve). You can never go below the starting price, or the minimum price if there is one. You cannot make an offer if you have not got the money to pay for it. For example, if you have 1 million you can make as many offers as you like as long as the total amount does not exceed 1 million.

Bidding procedure
When a bid is placed on a player, the bid should be maximum of what you consider you are willing to pay. If you're the only manager to have placed a bid on a player by the deadline you will get the player for the asking price. If several bids have been made, the one who bidded the most gets the player for the second highest bid plus a bidding step. If the next highest and the highest bid are equal the player will go to the team that bidded first. If the next highest bid plus one bidding step is higher than the highest bid then the bids will be considered as equal and the player will be sold to the team who place the bid first.

The bidding steps looks as follows: (All of this can vary)
Bidding step Bid (next highest bid)
50 000 = less than 500 000
100 000 = between 500 000 - 2 000 000
200 000 = between 2 000 000 - 10 000 000
500 000 = more than 10 000 000 -

Example 1: A player has an asking price of 1,000,000. I can afford this and really want the player so I make a bid of 2,000,000. No one else bids and I get the player for asking price in other words; 1,000,000 .

Example 2: A player has an asking price of 2 000 000. I bid with a max limit of 4 000 000 and another club have already made a bid with a max limit of 2 500 000. The bidding procedure will then look like this:
Other team leads on 1 900 000
My next bid is 2 000 000
Other team bids 2 200 000
My next bid is 2 400 000
Other team is outbided as their max limit was 2 500 000 which is less than my bid (2 400 000 ) plus one bidstep (200 000 ).
So I will then get the player for 2 400 000 unless anyone else starts to bid on the player before the deadline.

The bids that have been placed aren't visible to anyone. In other words, you canĀ“t see if anyone else is interested in the same player as you. This feature is because of all the managers who like to buy players in the last minute.

The asking price shown will increase when new bids are placed on the player and show the current highest bid plus one bidstep. Please note that the one who has the current bid leader may have a higher maximum bid limit. So your bid may not be enough to take the lead even if you places a bid higher than the current highest bid if the current bid leader has set a maximum bid limit that is higher than that.

If you fail to take the lead in the bidding then you will not get a second chance on that player. The player will then no longer be interested in your club. But if you have had the lead and is outbided you will get a second chance to increase your maximum bid limit to try to take the lead in the bidding.

The seller may accept the highest bid on his player at any time when there is less than 24 hours left until deadline. That is why it may be good to place your bid early.

If the seller hasn't accepted the highest bid before deadline the bidding will be ended one hour after deadline and the bid leader will get the player as long as the team not already have 50 players in their roster.

If the bidding button is disabled you can place the mouse pointer over and get information on why.

When you have made an offer for a player the amount will be visible in the textbox where offers are entered.

Transfer window
(Same as free agent window)

From Waiver to Free Agency:
If a player doesn't get the attention of any team and his prior team doesn't reclaim him after clears the waiver time, he will be free of his contract and any team can sign him in the first come first serve.

Signing a new player:
The team who signs a new player (waiver claim or free agency) has to pay the salary of the economy update at the moment of signing. This doesn't apply for the minor league system.

I think this could make a fair transfer market.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll put it out there: a salary cap and a player salary revamp.

By having a salary cap you can force teams to only have a few 'star' players by means of not being able to afford a team of studs. You also increase the value of draft picks and the benefit of spending the time to train them up. Wen teams are forced to drop down below the salary cap they then need to release some of those good players for the rest of the market to have a shot at. A cap would mean more parity and a better chance for teams to compete.

This is where a revamp of salaries come into play. Right now, playing well means more money, more money means buying better players and kinda compounds on itself. Good players should be *expensive* and folks in the minors should be dirt cheap. 'Small market' teams should have to make a decision to have one Verlander or spend that money developing more youngsters.

Maybe a provision/penalty for breaking the cap. No draft picks any week you're over cap perhaps. Hurt the future with the promise of 'win now'. Some sort of allowance for a team to take a run at winning the division for promotion.

In the end, by widening the margin between rookies and season 'I'm gonna get paid now' veterans along with a salary cap should give teams a better shot at landing a big FA, if they want to take on the salary. The parity would be good as well for the league. Make veteram FA's interesting, but painful. Make the minors valueable, if time-intensive. I think these things would make a difference.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alternatively or additionaly, maybe institute player's desires. Signing a player is hitting a button. Doesn't take an FA's desires into account, being just a record in the DB atm. If you could add in desires, that could filter some of the players towards certain teams.

Some examples:

Ego: Jimmy Johnson is 23, pitching as a starter and doing well in the minors but think's he's the next coming of Pedro Martinez. He won't sign unless he's a starter. If your top five pitchers in SI are higher than him, he's unavailable.

Want My Ring: Maybe Jack Spratt's 27 now, in his prime and wants to play for a winner. Only teams with a winning record can sign.

Bling me!: Danny Davis murders the ball. Team prestige is high and he's the man. He's gonna get paid or bust. He has an expensive lifestyle, you know. 1.5x the salary 'norm' to hire him.

Home Sweet Home: Eddie Johnson's 33 now. He's been to a few All-Star games, won his ring and now wants to play out his career close to home in Texas. He'll only sign with teams from his home State.

On top of pushing some players away from or to some teams, it gives some of the players flavor and personality which I think would be good for a management game.

Updated Sunday, July 14 2013 @ 1:08:52 pm PDT
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this is a baseball browsergame not the sims standalone
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So glad you cleared that up. Thanks for coming out.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hey no problem at all, glad i could help you
udinese1970

Issaquah Spiderman
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
i play from italy and i could never acquire good P with this system....i think something will change soon....or i could only leave this game..... :(
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the players come off waivers randomly so that no matter where you live (and therefore what time you come online) there could be high end players becoming available...

besides...all my top pitchers where either drafted or signed as young, not yet proven, high potential free agents (i don't think a lot of people search for players with low SI...therefore these players were skipped over)...waited a couple seasons and now my major league pitcher's SIs are 113, 111, 110, 108, 107, 106, 106, 104, 102, 100, 97
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
the players come off waivers randomly so that no matter where you live (and therefore what time you come online) there could be high end players becoming available...

Exactly...if anything, being in a uncommon time zone is probably an advantage as you get a crack at a lot of free agents when others are sleeping.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |