Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> World Classic Snubs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
South Korea decides to move on from DJ Jo after 10 straight years of him making the team. Yes DJ is getting older, but he is also 5 homers shy of the 300HR/300SB club and has not slowed down in production yet.

Also, apparently a Legends Gold Glove SS is not good enough for Mexico... eventhough he was last season. Sure he doent hit better than Mendoza but he doesnt let balls get past him either.

And finally, Kenny a 3 time US 1st Baseman gets turned down by the Red White and Blue despite gaining SI.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess South Korea is retooling. Haverhill's SS Ki Hun Kyung was also snubbed after 6 consecutive appearances for South Korea. And in favor of a young SS with less SI!

Definitely ageism. I'm not sure if I should be impressed that the AI took a player with lower SI, or worried about what that means about Kyung's real drop in SI this off-season...

I did have two Cathers make teams though.

"Jaybird" Hawes who was snubbed last season after posting a .960 in his World Classic appearance. He'll have to fight for ABs though as the US team is very competetive. He's the only Right handed Catcher on the team, but I don't think the AI is smart enough to platoon.

Southpaw Catcher Henry Ras makes his first appearance on the Aruba World Classic team. Despite a lowercase "c" he is the only Catcher on the team, so hopefully he'll get a series behind the plate.

Updated Sunday, June 14 2020 @ 10:09:42 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |