Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Ballparks   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm curious about this. Since we have so much control over the ballpark and can change it every season, does anyone have certain strategies they use when adjusting your ballpark? Like for example if your pitchers don't give up many homeruns, do you bring your fences closer to make it easier for your guys to hit one over while relying on your pitching staff to keep the other team in the yard? Or do you just set it to something and forget about it?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I usually compare my players HR rates and GB/FB with my opponents to try and figure out if a deep low wall or short high wall configuration will be best.

I also compare OF range. I usually have less range then my opponents, so I usually go for a smaller park (including foul territory).

I compare defenses and staff to figure out if I want a dome or not.

Last season I called everything wrong and my ballpark actually hurt my team...
Alliepixie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just changed my ballpark to turf and didn't pay attention to my fastball pitchers low gb/fb ratios and didn't notice it till the team accumulated over -100 run differential. Rookie mistake.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Is that so? I would think a low ground ball rate would be preferable for turf. The manual says turf "tends to reduce infield errors, but yields more hits."
Alliepixie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am seeing many more doubles than last year. My movement pitchers are faring much better than my velocity dominant players. Not seeing a ton of home runs against my pitchers. Those with less that 1 gb/fb ratios have elevated ERA and FIP, with FIP a 1.00 to 2.00 lower than ERA. 6.3 runs/game against us. My movement pitchers FIP is a point higher than their ERA Maybe I haven't found the problem and need to keep looking.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There area lot of factors in play all at once, so it can be hard to pin point. But I would agree Turf should hurt a ground ball pitcher more.
Alliepixie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think without a proven team I probably should not have messed with the ballpark. Only changes made were turf and adding 500 seats. With grass home record last season 44-36 -> home record this season with turf 11-26 so far, 14 games lost by double digits 13 of those at home. I am going back to grass next season. And since it already looks like demotion in my future I think those 500 seats will come back out. :-)
Carnival

Fresno Eagles
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This discussion allows me to remind us all of the old twoliner:

-Do you prefer natural grass or astroturf?
-I dunno, I never smoked astroturf.

Previous Page | Show All |