Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Decisions Decisions...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/139624/L

If you follow the forums or news articles, you know I love this guy, Chris Hopper. The dude just took home his 5th All-Star award (4th in a row), and is coming off a Cy-Young campaign in 2044. In a Broken Bat universe filled with shaky LHP, he has been a an absolute lock down, high caliber arm.

He started 2045 lights out again, but you can also see that his last handful of outings there's some regression going on...

And that's why I hate being a GM sometimes. How long do I let my aging Ace try and work through this? Is this a rough patch or increasing signs of that "Age", that blasted Night Watchman, has come to take my Ace away from me forever? Alas, I do not know!
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He has a great WHIP and BAA this season so I would keep playing him. Trust the larger sample size over his last few shaky starts. Next season, after the next set of skill drops I'd probably be more wary.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Every player has down turns. I don't see anything to be worried about with this guy. You could always take him out for a couple series if you think he needs a rest.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep him and decide in the winter. Best left hander I've scouted all year.*

That build kinda sorta reminds me of a 500+ career save Dominican dude we used to have here, except my boy was taller and fatter:
http://brokenbat.org/player/76237

*First left hander I've scouted all year.

Updated Wednesday, May 13 2020 @ 7:55:48 pm PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input. I’m planning to keep him on until season flip at least, but the thought is starting to creep in.

Hopper definitely gets a longer leash too because of his body of work. At the start of 2044 I just wanted him to get 13 wins to go out with 100 career wins, and that thought was 27 wins ago. I hope he hears this and gets a chip on his should and gets 27 more!

That’s a nice similarity too Ced. Your guy is pretty impressive because he did all that maxing at only 95 SI, and still stuck around and was still effecting to like 37 in LL.VI.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you see recent performance stats? I can only find yearly stats
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can see recent stats two ways. First is by mousing over the Form value. The second is by going to the Statistics page and selected "Latest".
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, also Kinthin there is a new tab called "game log". It's selected in the same drop down box you use to switch between minor league stats, league stats, and the development graph on a player's page.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Awesome, thanks so much guys

Previous Page | Show All |