Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitcher learned position?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My pitcher tatsuki kaneko is on my training update with no skill upgrades and a capital P. Never seen a pitcher learn a position before. Checked the development graph and it looks like the pitcher position has always been maxed out. *shrugs
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen it. Kaneko is actually only at 2, which is straddling the line between p and P. 3 is maxed out.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So for a position player what is the difference between for example ss vs SS(2) vs SS(3). How big of a performance difference is that? Asking for a friend named JD...
Alliepixie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And if I may add to the question for a friend named JD, what is more important to field a good ss the performance stat ss (1), (2), and (3) or the individual defensive stats of the player in the ss position?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@jclemen2 - if you look at his minor league fielding stats, you can get some idea of the impact of position training.

@Alliepixie - They are both important. JD has vastly improved his performance over the past 5 seasons. Part of that is the increase in his fielding. But a lot of that is the increase in his position training. I can't give you an precise formula for impact, but I would guesstimate in JD's case his considerable position improvement has had more impact than his fielding improvement. Guys with no position experience at SS tend to be sieves, at a position like 1B I think its less impactful (but so is Fielding).

Updated Thursday, May 7 2020 @ 2:17:05 pm PDT
Alliepixie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you Rock777.

Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy is perfect for this thread.
I needed a 2B and he had 19 RNG and the "amazing in the field" comment, but he had 0 training at 2B. In fact, somehow he was only trained at 1B.

Anyway, I just threw him in there every day and, as a look at his graph shows, he trained up pretty fast... but the learning curve was steep.
Playing every day, he made 39 errors in '35, his first season at second, 14 errors in '36, and then 6 in '37... and also won the first of 5 consecutive gold gloves that year.

So, performance seems to be pretty heavily affected by position training... at least at second.

Previous Page | Show All |