Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Prospect ranking   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey everyone, I’m kind of confused as to my prospects and their ranking. Here is my prospect list, the majority of the top I’ve acquired in the last several weeks since taking ownership.

http://brokenbat.org/top_prospects/262

What I’m trying to understand is the prospect ranking value, and how it’s calculated... I also am trying to understand how the guy that is now my #1 prospect, is my #1 prosect. Wouldn’t the pitcher that’s #2, or my 2B prospect that is #3(that I’m training for 3B) be worth more than the guy in first? I put in a waiver claim thinking he could be a good player, but he only had above average potential, and I didn’t in any way expect him to become my #1 ovr prospect.

Thanks for any insight and/or clarification.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Guessing...SI of 72 already pretty high at age 17 with a lot of room still for growth?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its basically just SI/Age. So its pretty useless. Players who have really high Range, Arm, and Speed (values that don't change much) are always rated high, even if they are horrible players. When Steve implemented it after suggestions he said it was "just for fun". I definitely wouldn't use it as a decision tool.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I gotcha Rock... it was just surprising to see him as my #1 ovr when he only had “Above Average” potential..

From a player like that, would you say his ceiling might be the 100 si range +/- 5 points?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its hard to tell at this point. Not much data to go on. He could have 20 PD and 20 BC for all I can tell. He doesn't have a great scouting report, but its really hard to tell until they grow a bit more. For my part, I won't even look at a guy who doesn't at least have "good hitter."

Previous Page | Show All |