Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Is this the most under-scouted player of all time?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Six seasons in, Jorge Banda is having basically the greatest offensive career in the history of Broken Bat; but it's baffling to me because of his seemingly modest offensive ratings.

He has the build of a nice player, but this? This the greatest gulf between scouted ratings and real performance that I've ever personally seen
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a lot of underrated players on my team. Results in a lot of guys not reaching their POT (thus the Halflings).

Miranda is a nice example. 15 Hitting is rediculously low for a "very good hitter", but its obviously an underrated Rating. Although his Fielding may be overrated to compensate ;)

On the pitching side, I suspect Makoto "The Wizard" Matsui is underrated.

As they age the valuation (scouting) continues to refine. Which I suspect is why I have so many guys still "improving" in their 30s. I think they may actually just be getting a more accurate valuation of their ratings.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Banda is obviously having a great career. There's one thing that changes the real picture, though--he's in the Mexican/bot/test league. He'd likely be good in a real league, but not one of the best in BB history.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Carrasco is another good example currently on my squad. A POT 14 who capped out at 97 SI, yet still performs as my Ace starter.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Murillo is another good example. My Closer. A POT 13 who stalled out at 97 SI. But he gained two more SI at age 30. I suspect due to sharpening. He will never actually reach POT 13. Most probably in part due to not getting enough time in AAA, but also because he is vastly underrated.

Previous Page | Show All |