Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The one who got away.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Say you draft a player, and no matter of if it was a catch and release or if it was you cut him at age 34 after being your just total club legend 300 career homers dude, but when he had maybe a little bit more gas in the tank but you axed him anyway. Say that time comes when he does get claimed or signed as a free agent.

Do you want him to continue to do well even if it means your projection and evaluation of him was incorrect?

Or do you want him to struggle and never ever reach the potential or form he was in while wearing the colors of your ball club, proving to all participants that no player is indispensable.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I generally want them to do well, but slightly worse than the guys I kept over them ;)
jedi77

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I want them to perform at their potential, I hate when i give three or four seasons to a hyped home grown prospect, and they don't play as expected, then cut them, and see them be stars for other teams...
But I do the same!! (take advantage of good players with mediocre or bad performance)
I pick a lot of pitchers that way:
Barry, had a great season for me last year (he's old tho)
Hank, now properly develop in the minors, not elite but decent for the rotation.
Coolhand

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Most players I don't even make an attempt to see how they do once I move on from them. There have been a couple that I decided to keep for the extra year just so they could retire in a Manta Ray uni.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a guy I could use today. It's still always good to see a guy who you had do well, even if it's somewhere else.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I tend to:

1. Want them to at least make it on another team so I can ...
2. More or less neutrally observe them from afar.

If there's a learning experience to be had in the observations, even better. Perhaps that's overly scientific and not emotional enough. But I do keep regular check on guys I've cut to see if they're playing and performing as I expected them to when I cut them.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are certain players I go back and check out from time to time. I've been doing it less and less lately though because all it does is prove to me how stupid I am at this game.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Kaniela "Kahuna" Keahi

Still wishing him the best.

He might have finally beat out Jesse Galvin at DH this year ... glad he got playing time before now

If he gets cut ... I'm game to bring back the old minor league surf crew.
Kahuna + Steve "The Flyin Hawaiian" Iwakuma + "Barefoot" Cary Jernigan
were the originals ...
add on "Zefram" Cochran and ... catcher's heads exploding yet?

Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
If I cut a player because I think he's no good, then I tend to hope he gets picked up, but plays poorly. This validates both my initial interest in him and my later re-assessment of his abilities.

If I cut a player because of a roster crunch, I tend to hope he gets picked up and has a decent career.

Previous Page | Show All |