Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Extra stats?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does anyone else do this for their team? Because I feel like my team has left approximately 1.4M runners on base this year, I went back and started keeping track of what my team does with the bases loaded. Even though It's a bit tedious it's interesting so far. I just got to the start of inter-divisonal play today. I should have kept track of what my opponent's did as well but I failed to do that at the beginning and I don't feel like going back right now. Maybe I'll do that after I get my team up to date. Another reason I wanted to do this is that my RISP is the exact same as my team BA for the season (.277) and that just seemed off to me. I know... my team is in first place, I shouldn't be complaining but I'm me and it's what I do. I fully expect my squad to blow the 7 game lead they had coming out of inter-divisional play. It's already down to 4.5 thanks to losing four straight series.

So this is what I have through 50 games.

AB - 71
BB - 4
K - 11
Hits - 19 (10 1b, 7 2b, 2HR)
SF - 5
RBI - 48
BA - .268
OBP - .307
SLG - .451
OPS - .757

If I take away the last 3 series before ID started it looks like this.

AB - 57
BB - 2
K - 11
Hits - 11 (6 1b, 4 2b, 1 HR)
SF - 4
RBI - 27
BA - .193
OBP - .220
SLG - .316
OPS - .536

Unless someone else is as loony as me, I don't have anything with which to compare. I could probably look up MLB stats but that's not really a fair comparison. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else did stuff like this and wanted to share what I've found.

I'm also keeping home and road splits for my team as a whole, not individuals. Those are pretty interesting as well. In fact, if there are any ballpark experts I would love to run them by you to see WTF I'm doing wrong with my park.
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another reason I wanted to do this is that my RISP is the exact same as my team BA for the season (.277) and that just seemed off to me. Unless someone else is as loony as me, I don't have anything with which to compare.

The Moo Cows did a quick and dirty project a while back and found that Broken Bat RISP is generally about 10 points higher than batting average for most teams. For example, .270 if you're .260. If team RISP is higher than this, you're probably getting lucky. If lower, unlucky. Maybe that info is helpful or you can go try to confirm my result.

I'm starting to watch the baserunning more in Broken Bat and find it stodgy and conservative. Yes, I know you can set the runners more aggressive, but I'm not sure this does what I want it to do. They just get thrown out more and don't seem to take lots of extra bases. Of course, it's impossible to tell because it's not in the play by play. I'm seeing stuff like this game more and more. Moo Cow 1st inning. Bryant's on first and the next batter hits a double to center. He ends up on third?!?!? Why does he not score? Bryant ain't slow. The exact same play happened in one of the next two games as well. I think the baserunning may not generally be aggressive enough.

I know... my team is in first place, I shouldn't be complaining but I'm me and it's what I do. I fully expect my squad to blow the 7 game lead they had coming out of inter-divisional play.

Don't worry about it. Good owners should worry about everything.

Previous Page | Show All |