Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Whats wrong with this player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Today i pulled this player off of waivers with no competition, and I was wondering why people would pass him over.

Sid Milligan

He is a switch hitting, 13 potential, DH/OF

projecting him at 104 SI he ends up (Power as low as 5 or up to 14 so just aiming at the center)
Hit: 16
BC: 17
PD: 13
Pow: 9
SPD: 15
FLD: 8
RNG: 14
Arm: 6

while i dont think he's an mvp candidate, and his developement is a little behind, I was just wondering why people would pass on him.

Updated Friday, February 14 2020 @ 1:13:58 am PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think he's behind. However, in his limited amateur and minor activity, he hasn't impressed. He won't hit homers and is only suited to LF, which doesn't make him particularly desirable.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks pretty decent to me. I'm a shopping junkie and I've noticed a few things. First, players just slip through the cracks sometimes. No idea why. You can check the Moo Cow transaction page to see all the "1 claim" guys where I'm shocked nobody wants them. Second, if they have low SI compared to their age, they tend to be unwanted. Guys with high SI for their age are frequently over-rated. Third, his minor league stats don't jump out at you and that might make him overlooked. Fourth, everybody knows Hawaiian players are too chill for professional sports. They just want to surf and mack on chicks. Fifth, the gods reached out to you and put him on your team so we all knew to stay away. I mean, if you believe in fate.

Another problem is that Milligan doesn't have a natural position. Left, or try first? Third?!?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There has always been built in fuzziness with SI and POT. So POT isn't an end all. I think he looks like a decent prospect, but his limited performance so far has shown a high GB/FB, and a slightly low OPS. He is still young, so there is lots of room for that to change, but I tend to go with guys who are already showing numbers above their SI (under-rated).

And position will be a challenge. He might be able to get away with LF, but 6 arm is a bit low. That leaves him with 1B or DH. But people generally want more power in all three of those positions.

Not a bad prospect. Just not good enough to make the cut for teams who already have good prospects in those positions.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Have you set him to "++" on stealing?
(use spring training mgmt)

1B/DH/LF types are often available for cheap.
Sid has solid nickname potential

brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
There is nothing wrong with him. There are also a lot of players available and on teams that are just as good or better. I see him as about 30 points away from being major league ready and you could have a decent player. I think many teams are like mine where they are at or near the player limit so a free agent pickup has to look special. If my team was struggling and it seemed to dump my over 30 guys I would have some roster space but when you are playing decent and in contention you tend to hold and play your veterans.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I looked very closely at him, but I'm already loaded at lf and 1b so couldn't justify cutting someone to grab him
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I looked very closely at him, but I'm already loaded at lf and 1b so couldn't justify cutting someone to grab him
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input everyone, its always nice to get a glimpse of how other managers evaluate players. I will keep him for a year or two in the minors and see how he develops.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on your draft luck.

If you get a Jessie and a Flyin Hawaiian you too may cutA Kahuna

Previous Page | Show All |