Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Defense versus Hitting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Will you put up with weak fielders that can hit? Will you put up with fantastic fielders that can't hit?

Discuss!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes and No.

Updated Friday, February 7 2020 @ 2:26:34 pm PST
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I've played both. Had good hitter whose fielding was bad in outfield. Had good 2B whose hitting was tearable.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on position. Some defensive positions (like SS) are more critical, so I will put up with a weaker bat. I would never even consider a week bat at LF, RF, 1B, or DH.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are exceptions to every rule. It is very situational imo.

In the draft thread there are questions about arm for catcher and range for outfielders.
My team won a legends pennant with a corner outfielders with below 10 range.
If the guy can really hit and drive in runs and you think that is worth the extra balls that drop in for hits against you.. Then there is nothing wrong with that. Same theory for defence. How many errors equals 20-30 more RBI's?
Catchers with bad arms can work out too. So he throws out 24% of the base stealers instead of 35% but maybe he hits 40 points higher or has 20 more HR's than your second option.
(see YouTube video of Greg Maddox explaining why he doesn't bother with holding runners from stealing.. Lol)
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the best chance of putting wins on the board even if it goes against current consensus theory.

Only one stat matters at the end of the game.

Previous Page | Show All |