Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2044 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A +21 advantage in Wins over the West Division champ and my team doesn't get home field advantage for the playoffs?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Condors "Ciff Devore" 2nd all time batting average.358 in League II.2, 13th in on base percentage all time. Will he win all league award at 1B???
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Longviewess, I don't know how. I'm just happy to be promoted.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Promoting to league III for the first time ever. I'm just hoping I don't get swept in the playoffs.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Fun with Stats

Some VI23 League Ave batting stats compared to 2019 MLB AL

Stat VI23 AL2019
OBP 0.338 0.322
BABIP 0.293 0.298
ISO 0.176 0.184

looks like the game engine for BB was dialed in pretty close to real life for VI23

Updated Tuesday, March 24 2020 @ 11:51:41 am PDT

Updated Tuesday, March 24 2020 @ 11:53:26 am PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My division was wild and weird. Team that wins the division has a negative run diff of 65. Heck, my team and the team that finished 2nd were the only 2 with positive run diffs
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Great year for the Falcons! Couldn't close the gap against a tough Erie squad but we made all kinds of gains too:
Advanced out of group play in the cup for the 2nd time in 3 years

Brought in an aging veteran in Viciedo and he solidified the pitching staff

Chris hopper had masterful 20-6 record, possible CY young performance

Career year for Cutler, finally pitched up to his skill level

Wendell Stewart amazing year, possible MVP performance and settling into SS nicely

Breakout season for Carmelo Cueto. Looking like a centerpiece at 2B/3B for years to come

Got the go ahead to bring up blue chipper Theo DeLong for 3 starts at the end of the year

Prince Henry and Aaron Carmona seem to be aging gracefully and may end up platooning at 1B for 2045

The team grew the RD, only ended 1 win shy of last year with a little more coasting at the end, and still boosted finances and rankings vs 2043

Snatched up a well heralded defensive minded veteran manager as he was on his way to the podium to announce his retirement. This was our key weakness so this is what I’m happiest about!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This was the season that the Denvinci Code was unable to be broken. Thank you to all of our supporters and to all the teams in Legends and everyone who helped me get here.

PrivateSnowflake’s 600 runs allowed or less as a team hasn't been done in Legends for seven years, so that is a heck of an accomplishment. In the playoffs, there were two one-run games and one extra innings game, similar to the regular season meetings between the clubs as I documented. We know what it's like to lose a league championship playoff. The bad news is that the pain is real intense whenever it is around and you might relapse during a tough time in a future season and say man if only we had this team that we have right now, we would've scored when it was bases loaded, one out. The good news is that you get over it quicker than you think. Bad news is that length of getting over it is different for everyone. Being down 5 to nothing and our 19-win ace Toscano is pitching and to win that game was one of these, “it's possible we'll win” moments of an owner, but you do start to count the at-bats remaining and look at these pinch hitter has-beens and never-will-be’s in the on-deck circle, and you get pessimistic.

We were 15 out, weren’t we? 15 games back from first place this season. We feel like an NFL wildcard team to have gone on and won everything. We can’t say Giants-Patriots the season the Pats hadn't lost. That was Super Bowl XLII. For that PrivateSnowflake, you'd have to replace the number in your win column with the number from Rohnert Park’s or Margate's loss column last year for the metaphor to work. But your team was a challenge to scout and to play against. And some talk this year about managers. I mean my boy Espinosa earns half a million, you know the BBMLBPA minimum in the collective bargaining agreement is 0.50 and here is Shannon at 8.4 million. And here is Coco Espinosa last season not getting us, Denver, a team that tries to prioritize the cup, and we don't even get out of the round robin? We thought we had made a huge mistake and that we might face relegation in his debut season, which we only escaped the drop by one game last year. And he won us the Legends championship in his second year as a manager anywhere, unproven skills.

And the playoff series, I thought it was curious that Shannon didn't send Conte out for game 1 or even 2, but 3, and then Conte was injured and would have missed the rest of the entire playoffs, but would he have took the hill twice? We didn't have our second baseman or third baseman, both 100 RBI guys. 2B Grant was POTG in game 2 with 4 ribbies, but then got hurt. Only (sarcasm) a .200 ops drop off when we fielded our second stringer! When our 3B returned, debuting in the playoff final, he went 0 for 5 and was rusty. Who was his replacement up until that point? Well yes, a youth product of the famous Denver farm and an ok glove at third, but a guy with just 9 at-bats all season! He wasn't second string, he was straight outta string. He was on some clip board at the bottom of the storage closet call list, just like that ice hockey NHL janitor/zamboni dude called in to play goaltender ala David Ayres at Carolina. Like, get us anybody, find somebody in the parking lot who skates once per year during Christmas at the Park because we are so desperate.

But a note to every manager: Denvy’s starting third baseman was a 1 waiver claim. The playoff MVP Javier Cepeda was a 2 waiver claim and both players were new to the team and both over 34 years old. I guess my team and our roster here will be looked at, but it is possible for all owners to have success because we started in LL Six.

I always thought it’s “possible we'll win” or “we’ll probably win”. Notice season to season that it was never these “Ahh we're definitely promoting” or “Ah well let's play the kids the next three months. We're not in the race”. So I just had building block after building block and got the right players in and didn't care about the results but I was confident we'd have a team capable of being in the mix.

In the same year in the past, I was relegated and was in a cup final which was the first time I said this will be a good franchise, not always a good ball club, but a good franchise that could play 500 ball against just about anyone. Just as good as anyone, but not better, was key.

Looking forward to next season. Solana Beach will be in LLII, so keep a look out in 2046 for a Legends return?! Thanks Steve for making this game. Thanks everyone for the good competition.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to Ced and PrivateSnowflake. Both of you deserved to be in the playoffs after a great season.

I also want to congratulate Frederick Keys for a great playoff win. They deserved it for such a great season, as well.
Meyrian

Littleton Genesiz
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
6 playoffs : 6 L. What else?

Previous Page | Show All |