Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> DOPE 5   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Well my bold prediction of Ced's Denver club moving into the top 5 was a bust.

Unless I missed it, my Thunder are Top 10 for the first time. Woohoo!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nearly there!

10 Battle Creek. 8 seasons in Legends, including one league and Cup championship.

9 New York. Six division and four league titles. They’re guaranteed to climb in DOPE 6. Wait for it.

8 Birmingham. Five 2nd place finishes and 1 division title, as well as being a Cup runner-up. An awesome example of what doesn't get nearly enough official prestige, while making serious DOPE.

7 Kalamazoo. Won Legends and the Cup in ’37 finishing with an insane rating of 440, the last time a team has finished a season over 400. Maybe we should call them Teddy Ballgame.

6 Alexandria. 19 consecutive advances with a five year run of 5, 3, 7, 7 and 5 rounds. Highest DOPE for all of current level III teams.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You could've given me 10 tries and I never would have guessed longest Cup streak or #1 DOPER.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Haven't seen Margate, Santa Monica, Bloomington, CSA, or Novi.

I pick those 5 but in reverse order.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As we complete this DOPE list, I want to draw your attention to the current Legends league. Looking at the last ten seasons, here are the number of seasons the current teams have spent in Legends: 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Those are unprecedented low numbers and I think that’s awesome. In my opinion, it shows exactly how tough this game has become. There are many dedicated players, making each and every spot in the standings that much more difficult. Keep rocking this game. It’s getting better and better.

And that leads us to the Top 5 for DOPE 5. 5 thru 2 are crazy close. It’s not quite splitting hairs, but they’re the closest group of four by far for any in the top 30. Let's do this.

5 College Station. 2 Legend titles and three second place finishes. They had the second highest league DOPE. For current Legend teams, they have more Legend seasons (7) from the last ten than anyone. They finished in the overall top five 6 seasons.

4 Novi. 24 consecutive seasons advancing in the Cup! The current longest streak (I think)!!! The super strange thing about that is their Cup DOPE actually hurts them compared to the top three. 8 Legend seasons and three consecutive Legend titles, they hit the highest DOPE for league play.

3 Margate. 7 Legend seasons. Advanced in the Cup all 10 seasons. Game record of 0-12 in Legend playoffs and Cup finals, a record I bet will never be broken. (It’s still alive, so it could be painfully increased.)

2 Bloomington. A crazy strong ’43 catapulted them to second in DOPE by winning II and the Cup. Another 7 rounder, plus 5 division titles and 5 seasons in Legends, the Thunder rumbled to this version’s runner-up.

And so we have the number one DOPE team in the land, SANTA MONICA. They finished fifth overall in league DOPE, which included finishing second in Legends three out of five seasons. They blew by all league front-runners, though, with amazing Cup performances. They advanced all ten seasons and had runs of 6, 6 and 7 rounds, plus a runner-up, placing them first in Cup DOPE by a large margin. I guess it’s only fitting for the top DOPE of edition 2020 to be Optics. Congrats!

Updated Thursday, January 23 2020 @ 1:08:34 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Mike. Always enjoy the DOPE lists. My Thunder have improved 111 spots since the inaugural rankings.

I almost got my hopes up while comparing the final 5. Then I saw Optics and how consistently good he's been. I believe Mike when he says it wasn't very close. Hats off to Optics and his Carp!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
As always one of the best things on BB. Love reading this and, perhaps for obvious reasons, looking forward to DOPE6!! Thanks Mike!
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. A great read. Thanks for your hard work Mike. For the record I used to love DOPE even before my team was on the list.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Mike. Great stuff, as always!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If only I had left off a zero, I would have predicted the top ballclub correctly! DOPE is legal in Colorado...and they're spectacular.

Previous Page | Show All |