Forum >> Discussions >> 2043 Draft - Round 7   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty psyched to find this guy in round 7:

http://brokenbat.org/player/214916

Was thinking it just wasn't my year to find impact players, but I like him. He's already well developed and has good speed/range. I see him as depth at OF and possibly 2B. Plus the 20 speed is great.

Which leads to question on lefty infielders: Sometimes I see a "lefty infielder penalty" or something applied. Is that applied if they don't know the position well enough or something? I have a lefty 3B that seems to do okay (Henry). Will trying this guy at 2B be achievable or is it a lost cause?

BTW I understand the concept of a left handed infielder being problematic at 2B, SS, and 3B given that most throws are going to 1B. I believe in RL lefties are best placed at 3B as it's a little less of a turn. Just curious on how the game penalized them and if there's a better spot to put them on the infield.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Henry throws with his right. No penalty for him.

Don't like this guy at 2B. The left-hand throw penalty would reduce his fielding % and his double plays.

Not sure how crowded your 1B picture is, but that's where I think this guy should go.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice get. First, as Seca notes, or left field.

Sorta' like my seventh-round pick. But even if he goes up to 12 POT, he's still not all that thrilling. Might be an OK left field grab for a LLVI or V, but even then, replacement level?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a somewhat similar player to JohnnyBoi, but a right-hander. http://brokenbat.org/player/240420
I haven't really been too excited about the new draft so far, as players who went undrafted for a reason will show up again the next season, but here's actually an example where a player I would have taken early made it to the late rounds. Keeping the late rounds interesting is one of the things I was hoping for. Much of Hernandez' value rests in him being 14p, but even if he drops to 13, he won't be a total non-prospect. He's not a middle infielder, of course, but if his fielding goes up to 12 rather than 10, he might be able to fake it at 2B in an emergency, and he's trained as an outfielder already, so I'll try to increase his versatility a little bit. If he's actually a 14p, his bat should be good enough to make him a legitimate option at 1B, too, but he can learn that later.

Updated Friday, December 20 2019 @ 2:27:04 pm PST
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You could train him for 2B to have in a pinch if a starter goes down
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, makes perfect sense about the throwing arm being the deciding factor. I got carried away focusing on offense, needed to dig a little deeper.

Thanks!
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

You could train him for 2B to have in a pinch if a starter goes down

That's the plan.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/247191

Almost forgot to draft. Not bad at all for the round, but likely won't stick around long. Could be interesting to have a lefty slugger, but I'm not sure he'll hit as well as I'd like.

Previous Page | Show All |