Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2043 Draft - Round 2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Went with high school and got a 15 pot 2b ss; Joseph Murdock. He looks like he will develop into a high end 13 or low end 14 pot.

17 yrs old and A ball, not Rookie. :P
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"Very good" players are very rare. I frequently had NO very good players in round 1 under the old system. In fact I've even had round 1s with NO "good" players. So I guess that means the old draft was broken.

I agree that it is not working optimally by the way. But mostly because the new draft was mostly a lateral move. The problems that existed simply weren't fixed. We had #1 draft boards with no "good" players in the old system, and we will have #1 draft boards with no "good" players in the new system.

Updated Friday, November 15 2019 @ 6:16:00 pm PST
Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
After going all pitchers first round, and not having much to pick from ... tried the all non-pitchers this time, most of the board was trash, but there was a diamond in there. :)

http://brokenbat.org/player/244468

Kind of expecting his potential is going to drop, by my math even if he filled out to 20/20 on BC/PD, and hit max scouting report ranges ... he'd have quite a bit of points leftover at 15.

Updated Friday, November 15 2019 @ 9:22:39 pm PST
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock I tried making my pick immediately. Still doesn't work.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock:

@brentswagger - I'd message Steve about that. Or list it in the bugs forum. That definitely shouldn't happen. You should still be able to pick a different player off the list. Unless you left it for so long they all got drafted. Its really best to make your pick within 20 minutes of picking a draft board, as players are now protected for 20 minutes.

No, that's not the problem. I have the same thing and already posted it in bug reports yesterday. The drafted player hasn't been drafted by someone else; he's just gone. The player profile doesn't exist. I just hope this is not some major database corruption...
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Very good" players are very rare. I frequently had NO very good players in round 1 under the old system. In fact I've even had round 1s with NO "good" players. So I guess that means the old draft was broken.

Very good players aren't very rare for the first two rounds. I don't have my spreadsheet with the exact data with me, but I remember the 7 or 8 seasons I did it had a very good rate over 20% for the first two rounds for drafted players sitewide.

For the first two rounds this season I had exactly one player both rounds with a potential over 11. That's broken.

And I absolutely believe the old draft was broken as well. While I like having more info, I fear this draft system is even more broken.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has already stated that the POT distribution has been identical. So it is no more broken than the previous draft. The issues with luck that existed before still exist today. Its just people who had long streaks of good luck under the old draft that now feel the options are worse.

I think the new draft is an improvement. It just didn't address any of the big issues with the old draft.

If only 20% of players drafted were Very Good, I'd say its safe to assume that means somewhere between 2%-3% of all players on those boards were Very Good. Most people will take a Very Good if they have the opportunity, and I doubt more than half the boards with Very Good options had more than one. 2%-3% meets my definition of very rare.

Updated Saturday, November 16 2019 @ 10:32:54 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Holmes - Yeah I saw that. It looks like a bug effecting a number of folks. Hopefully Steve can address it before the week is up so you guys can get a 2nd round pick.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
The only decent player I got this week was Silva

. If this guy gets a boast in POT he should be a pretty good starter.

Updated Saturday, November 16 2019 @ 10:42:16 am PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I think the new draft is an improvement. It just didn't address any of the big issues with the old draft.

I agree with the first statement, but not the second. We now know all defensive abilities of players, which gives us a much truer idea of what position a draftee will be able to play. That's a big improvement even if it's the only real gain.

Previous Page | Show All |