Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2043 Draft - Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Little late but:

I pretty much equally rate 1,2, (I love that very good tag and really avoid the above average tag) with amateur stats also being important but slightly less so. Very helpful to see if they steal bases, can hit lefties, can get rh batters out, hit all ground balls, give up too many hr's etc.

And use pot as a tie breaker...as long as it is at least a 12
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/231808

Went to Asia hoping to luck out with some near major league ready pitching, but had a room full of 8's and 9's with two 12s. Not what I was hoping, but not horrible?
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a rough group of potential draftees like a lot of other folks in the first round. Went with the soon-to-be free agent Kim who was the only prospect with POT above 11. Wanted to grab a pitcher but all were hopeless. Only hitting comment for field players was "will never be a decent hitter." Ouch.

Must be karma for landing Jarvis in the 4th round last season. Was the #5 prospect in all of BB at the time, but is there anything more enigmatic than a +15 POT with no hitting comment?

My team seems to be in the minority that reaped more from the 2042 draft than the 2041 draft. One 15 POT and three 13 POT draftees in 2041, vs a 16, 14, and four 13s in 2042. Currently 7/8 2042 picks are on rosters for what that's worth.
Splinter_9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How does everyone decide which pool to pick from? Does the percentage left on the board play into that decision?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It does for me. A smaller percentage means the pool is *probably* more picked over. The less picked over a pool is, the more likely you can pull a good player.

I don't usually pick by position need because there seems to be little correlation between their listed position, and their defensive profile. I've pulled several all-star quality 3B out of the 1B pool.

Unless I am specifically going for something like a pitcher, but I'm usually hunting for position players. I haven't drafted many pitchers since the draft change.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I have been using the "All Players" tab.

Since there is a high degree of randomness, I want to always have a chance of finding the best player available. The only way to preserve that chance is to avoid limiting the pool.

If I get to a point where I need to prioritizing pitchers or hitters, I'll use the "All Pitchers" or "All Position Players" options.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At that point, I usually go to the position pool with the highest percent left, since its the least fished out. That's why I hit the 1B pool frequently. The 1B pool is the pool I pulled both of my 15 POT players out of.
lonzo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think overall that the changes to the draft have been positive ones, that being said I wish 7 POT's wouldn't show up in the first round...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I didn't like that in the old draft either. It has always seemed a bit silly to me, but I think its an unavoidable artifact of the way prospects are pre-generated.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I see what you’re doing there Rock777! Trying to divert everybody to the 1B pool! :)

Previous Page | Show All |