Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What Would You Want to See Added to Broken Bat   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll start with a couple of things I'd like to see added.

Individual League Player Statistics: A list of stats from the players from each league for pitching, offense and defense.

Reduce the power of the team managers: Meaning I think the current managers should serve as Assistant managers and help train players but not really calling the shots during a SIM. It should be up to the human to make decisions in game, such as when to Pinch run, when to Pinch hit, when to bring in a defensive replacement and who those players would be. This really shouldn't be too hard to code in the game. Could be wrong obviously!

In the current management section there could be:

Pinch Run For
[x] - Inning [7] - Replace for defense [x] - Inning [8] - Player in to Run [Bananas] - Player in for defense - [Orange]

Or just something that would work. ;)

Updated Tuesday, October 22 2019 @ 11:25:17 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think being able to specify the identity of the pinch hitter would be my #1.

Eg., my manager insisted on using Toscano over Larson as my late inning corner OF pinch hitter. About the last thing I want when protecting a lead is to bring in a 10 range OF. Awkward sending Toscano to AAA simply to make him unavailable to PH.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
^---- That, well, sorta'. Let me tie that into the Backup role.

Right now, it seems the Backup role is for an injury, NOT for pinch-hitting or defensive replacement. If a position player gets injured, next game, the Backup will fill in that role, if available.

But what about pinch-hitters, pinch-runners, and defensive backups? As it currently stands, I don't fully understand how the system works. I'd like more control over, at a minimum, who the defensive substitute will be. Drop-down column to the right of Backup that dictates exactly who you want to be the defensive sub to be.

As for pinch-hitting, that seems a bit more complicated to implement programatically. It sounds like Seca wants to not only dictate WHO the pinch-hitter will be but WHEN it will happen and under WHAT scenario. Great if it can be implemented, but it sounds a bit more challenging compared to say allowing us to set our defensive sub. Hrmm...

And for the LOVE of all whatever, can we extend this to Spring Training? I can't express how frustrated I get at the game engine subbing in my catcher or first baseman at an elite position like SS in the sixth inning in Spring Training. Ugh, so stupid. Just let us declare our substitutes. We can already set the "when" of it in Management.

Updated Tuesday, October 22 2019 @ 12:29:41 pm PDT
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Any Hardwood players might know what I'm talking about.

In Hardwood, when you click Schedule, you can set the game plan and depth chart for one specific game without changing your entire lineup. We should include a feature where you can set the lineup for one game in Broken Bat.
Hurr Durr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure if this thread is on the right board, but it's here and I have something for it.

I watch the games... not as many as I used to but still most of them. The only problem comes up infrequently, but it kind of gives away the outcomes of the games. There's no fun to be had watching the games if the suspense is removed.

For example, on the last day of the regular season I wasn't sure if I was going to hold on and win the division or not.
Eager to watch and find out, I forgot to shrink my browser down to the size of a business card before clicking Schedule and saw that I had won the division because my playoff schedule was posted right there under the regular season games with the scores still showing question marks.
Suspense removed. Games that were exciting two seconds ago no longer worth watching.

Another problem I've encountered before is in the playoff series. Say you win or lose the series on the second day... the schedule for the third day disappears and you know what happened before watching any games... and why even watch when that's the case.

Not sure what a solution would be, but there must be a simple one.

I've had trouble with the Game Action feature showing final scores before the simulation or something else glitchy, can't quite recall... but something left a bad enough taste that I haven't used it since my first season and still don't really see it as an option... but maybe I'll try it again tomorrow because if I see the schedule and there's a Game 6 with ???? and no Game 7, I'll already know I lost Game 6. Conversely, if I do see a Game 7, I'll know I won Game 6... which, while better, would still take the fun out of watching.

Updated Wednesday, October 23 2019 @ 7:05:17 pm PDT
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
V.9

Broken Bat Baseball
Completely agree with the last poster. Went into day 3 of the playoffs 3-2 down, only 1 game showing, so knew we'd lost game 6. All dramatic tension lost.

On a separate point, I'd like an easier way of navigating from one player to another. When we got to the playoffs for the first time since I took over, I was interested in checking which of my players had playoff experience before, whether with us or another team, but this took a huge amount of clicking.

Ideally, I'd suggest a drop-down on each player's page showing a list of all the other players on the roster. If that's too hard to do, then at least "next player" and "previous player" buttons/arrows would help.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Individual League Player Statistics:
Option to see just rookies
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Tied into that somewhat: Some indication on the League Leader page which players are rookies.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
On a separate point, I'd like an easier way of navigating from one player to another.

I suggested this a LONG time ago. Would still love to see it added.

Previous Page | Show All |