Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2042 Draft Round 7   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/226252

A shockingly good pick considering the round. Had two real choices, both 13 potential. The other guy was closer to a shortstop build, but I had to go with the two positive hitting comments.

Obviously, it's far too early to tell whether or not the draft is a success. But early indicators are good, as I've held on to 6/7 draft picks so far.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm conscientious drafting guys I think someone else might be interested in, but there hasn't been much with more than a pulse the past 2 weeks.

Been a good draft tho. Still have 5, tho maybe just 2-3 long term.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a 14pot and a 13pot both good pot scouting reports and the 14pot had a 14/12/10/10 rating line and was in the 80's ovr. I accidentally drafted a 10pot player when I was trying to scroll on mobile.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Drafted a lot of roster fillers this season and this round was no different, decent 12pot 2B prospect. Probably another cut though.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Something doesn't add up with this guy. Either all his remaining SI goes into just hitting, power and fielding, or his POT increases.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I still don't understand the draft and what any of the information means. I still haven't made my last selection. There's a guy on there that will never be a decent hitter who hit .344 in 2+ seasons in Latin America and banged out 49 homers.
On the flip side there's a very good hitter who hit .234. What am I supposed to make of that?

Updated Wednesday, October 23 2019 @ 2:15:55 pm PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Are we still assuming that if the scouting report says "very good hitter," the player will end up with a Hitting of 15–17 in most (say roughly 90%) of cases? Because I still assume that.

2. Sure, there have been more than a few examples of players showing strong stats—including great hitting—but ultimately don't live up to those stats.

But how many "never going to hit" players have you actually seen hit .300 regularly? YES, we're only three seasons into this, and maybe there are more "never going to hit" players who could regularly hit .300 with this new draft system. However, I'll believe it when I see it. (From the Show-Me State, after all.) Yes, I know that requires more than a few people to be willing to defy common knowledge and keep those can't-hit players in their minors to maturity. Who's going to test that theory? (Sounds like a good excuse for building a second team; I could intentionally draft only hitters with no hitting scout remark or "will never hit.")

Updated Wednesday, October 23 2019 @ 2:30:44 pm PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mike fair questions imho
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Are we still assuming that if the scouting report says "very good hitter," the player will end up with a Hitting of 15–17 in most (say roughly 90%) of cases? Because I still assume that.

We didn't used to have amateur stats, though. Surely they're intended to mean something, right? Otherwise, what's the point?

As it is, now I think it's just all random noise and there's nothing to believe.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@lostraven

I have two such players who fit the can't hit bill.

My current plan is to give this "never going to hit" guy a full season worth of AB's in 2043. The only reason I've kept him is because of his 15 POT and 19 Speed. He's gotten over 4000 AB's in the minors and you can definitely see a downward trend in his stats.

I also have this guy who has no hitting comment at all. He got over 400 AB's this season and I was very happy with 30 doubles, 11 HR's, and 20 SB's out of the #9 spot combined with a 0.998 Fielding % in CF. Again, the only reason I kept him was the 15 POT and the fact that his 18 range and LH throwing seems ideal for CF.

I have nothing to lose next year in IV.6 (since I didn't expect to promote this season) I can afford to give them both time to have their SI cap and see what they can do.

Now I did inherit both players when I took over this team and both were selected by computer when this team was under bot control. I doubt I would have selected either one otherwise.

Previous Page | Show All |