Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2042 Draft Round 2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ImASurvivor

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/232854

Picked up Solano here in the second round which seems like a solid pick, wish he had more than above-average potential. Not sure what to expect with the lack of scouting report but with that 13 pot his offensive attributes should increase towards 15 each.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
[ID #235735 My future 2B. Amazingly he was the 3rd highest potential. I had 2 15's but both had only slugger comments no hitting, so this guy got the nod
geigerted

Queens Park Rangers
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
After the first nine players on the board (all non-prospects, including a POT 7): The new draft is terrible and must be changed.

After seeing this guy: The new draft is a massive improvement, long may it reign.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Had just two 13 pots to really choose from, went with Hines over a great hitter with 18 Speed because I have plenty of RH hitters in my minors already, and I liked the hit + power combo more.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was optimistic a couple of seasons ago that I had worked hard to build a good team with a solid minors to support, but the new draft has been ugly for the Bikers. So many teams have had multiple 15s and 16s...I've only found a couple of 14s. After getting support from a Legends team that I was on my way there, I feel that unless I can land a couple of these top prospects, my journey will fall well short. #maybenextround
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My opinion re: this guy can be summarised as follows. "What would you like to be when you grow up?" 3 positions, none of them upper case, and none of them he's got a build for. I said I like a challenge, but converting this guy from scratch to a more appropriate position... might not be exactly what I was thinking. But, could be worse. He could be another potential 1B/DH. I have too many of those already.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/208941

Went with HS/College pool today and got a slate of 8 pitchers. Two of 'em were pot. 13 lefties, including this guy. I took him because he went to Baylor (SIC EM BEARS!!) and that was the only thing that made him stand out from the other guy. Had a pot. 14 in there, but he had no comments other than "good potential," which scared me, since I'm seeing all this stuff about potential being variable. So here we are. Second pitcher in this draft
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@BUDude: To clarify, the potential in the scouting report is no more variable now than it was 2 seasons ago. The potential rating itself (IE: your pot 13) is what's variable/fuzzy now. though to be fair, your pot 13 could become a 14 depending on how fuzzy.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I know. I had picked up this team two season ago, but then was traveling so I haven't actually played any of the past season, so my only experience with the fuzziness and through reading other people's mentions of it.

I picked this guy up over the other guy because, while he had lower potential, he at least has a positive comment while the other guy just had a "good potential" remark.

Updated Friday, August 30 2019 @ 6:20:42 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine all looked terrible. I wonder if the 12 potential I ended up chosing might be a pretty good hitter, though, if he remains a 12. For speed, fielding, range and arm he looks to be a pathetic 5, 7, 5, 12. That leaves room for some offense if he can get to the mid-90s.

Previous Page | Show All |