Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2042 Draft Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Shapiro looks like a great SS prospect. The challenge will be trying to get him trained up before he hits the majors. I'm considering leaving some of these guys in AAA for longer than they need just to get their position training stronger before they hit the main squad.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Our 1st round pick is a 14 POT; Jimmy Vernon from the OF pool. This is the first time I've picked a prospect with the "He will never be a decent hitter" report. I drafted him based on the defensive report "He can be amazing in the field" as well as the 19 range and 16 arm. He will be training at SS. Plus the only other decent choices were two 13 POT who did not have any redeeming scouting reports.

He is a switch hitter so hopefully his averages from both sides of the plate don't differ too much. If his PD can get up to 15 he could approach a .300 OBP and that coupled with his speed makes him a potentially decent 9th hitter.

I will rate this a 'good' first round pick, with one caveat; the high probability of a POT decline because of the note "He has above average overall potential".

Updated Sunday, August 25 2019 @ 10:07:07 am PDT

Updated Sunday, August 25 2019 @ 10:08:16 am PDT
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here ya go Rock.
Here's the LHS you've been looking for.
Honestly, this was the best player on my board.

I could see how it would be interesting to see if he sharpens up by 2 pot, but i dont have room on the roster right now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope. That's not the one I was looking for :p
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm giving "Rat" a shot at 1B after a short but nice ST!
http://brokenbat.org/player/222192/S
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Uh man, first 3 rounds of the draft have been a total bust so far. I selected Pitchers each time, and out of all 3 rounds i had one Potential 13. Every other player was a Potential 12 and lower. Waaaa!
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
WTF!! Four rounds in to the new draft and i've seen one, yes one, potential 13. Everything else has been 12 and lower. I drafted from Pitching all 4 rounds and i got nothing, or so it seems. Waaa! Misery loves company, right?
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Six rounds into the draft and i haven't found one even remotely decent player, i'm thinking of quitting this game and moving on.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
13pot pitchers are hard to find to begin with since "fielding" stats count for less than the pitching stats count towards their ovr. For position players they count equally. Furthermore because of the new draft system it's possible that a lot of those 12pot players were actually 13pot or 14pot. You need to weigh the scouting report more than the actual "pot" rating.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Four rounds in to the new draft and i've seen one, yes one, potential 13.

This is pretty normal. I've had multiple seasons where I didn't get anyone higher than POT 12. But POT 12 players can sometimes be boss.

POT 13s are supposed to be good/rare finds. Not the norm. We just got spoiled last season because there was an influx in talent.

Also, you are less likely to find good talent the further into the rounds you go. The best talent usually pops up in the first three rounds. You may get lucky and find a sleeper. But you are more likely to find a sleeper listed as a POT 12 (who is really a POT 13 or 14) who has been overlooked, than a straight out POT 13 or 14.

Careful evaluation of your players (scouting, ratings, growth curves, stats), will give you positive results.

That said, I got zilch this round, so skipping ;)

Updated Friday, September 27 2019 @ 2:30:21 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |