Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Timing on bringing everyday starters into Spring Training Lineups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
So far most of the reps have gone to my minor leaguers and in between guys I'm trying to make assignment decisions on.

With 18 games of spring training left, when do you normally bring in your everyday starters?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally don't use my every day starters in spring training. I play my minor leaguers so they can get lots of experience.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Never play starters. Its not really necessary to play anyone over the age of 26 in Spring Training, and you're better putting out anyone that age or under to get as much playing time as they can for development purposes.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Opening Day of the regular season. Only put guys who need reps (still developing) on the spring training roster.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Good to know. My young guys are doing better than some of the middling guys anyway!
DRS71119

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will occasionally start 32 year old and older players on the decline to assess there current ability to play. My thinking is if they can put up big numbers against players who aren't at their peak yet, they still might be worthy to keep on the roster. For the most part, spring training is to give 16-26 year old players experience, which helps their development.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, that was kind of my logic, get a head start on seeing if the old guys are worth keeping or not.

I'll probably keep it all 26 year olds and below until the last series or two.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually put in developing major leaguers earlier, and then minor leaguers near the end. Nothing worse than getting starters injured during spring training. Something to consider near the end of spring training.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I use young big leaguers/ones who need to improve first -- then work my way to younger guy. Usually by the Friday update I put in the major leaguers for Friday, then all youngsters the last two days.

Previous Page | Show All |