Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> minimum hall of fame requirements   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
in your teams Hall, what do you take as a minimum requirement before you induct a player?
DRS71119

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like to induct players who have multiple All-Star, All-League, & other awards. They are usually among my all time statistic leaders as well.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with DRS. I also tend to put a lot of weight on MVP and Cy Young awards so I don't just end up selecting players who were pretty good on teams I owned.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had four players in my HoF that figured in my franchise's all-time records, but I've decided to remove all of them because most of their numbers came in 'pre-history', ie. before actual human owners. I mean Villa is one of the all-time base stealers in Broken Bat, but all of that came in the distant (pre-generated?) past. So I've decided to just put in players from my ownership.

To this point the only candidate is four-time MVP Ortiz, who holds just about every team batting record. His are the sort of credentials I think merit HoF consideration. The rest would fit in a team's Ring of Honour I guess.
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
MVP's, All-Stars and All-Leagues

Cy Young's

All-Time Team Record Holders

1,000 Runs, 1,000 RBI, 2,000 Hits, 300 HR's, 500 SB's or some combination of those metrics

Multiple 100 Run seasons, or 100 RBI seasons, or 40 HR seasons, or 50 SB seasons, or .300 seasons

Generally, some combination of several of these
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I did the opposite of amalric7. When I we got access to the Hall of Fame, I retroactively inducted several of the older players who I felt would have been in the Hall of Fame under prior management. Felt more real to me that way.

Admittedly the stories for my own players are a bit less dry. I especially like the "Sunny" Jack Meadows story.

Updated Friday, August 16 2019 @ 2:24:25 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |