Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Venting Thread #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Stand by because when I quit (probably pretty soon) I will cut all of any good players that I have and will replace them with crap players and lets see how long that team stays a bot team. Have a great day.

If this happens, I say we make the team a community project and see how far it can go.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bored trolls gonna troll.

Bye Felicia.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

If this happens, I say we make the team a community project and see how far it can go.

A community-run team? Now there's an idea. Tough to get solid agreement and feedback at times, but I can see the appeal. :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If nothing else, it'd be an interesting change of pace for BB vets.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like the sound of that. Even if it just becomes the 6 BB vets that are interested sharing a login and collaboratively working on the team together. Not that I consider myself a vet of the same level as the haselrigs, lostraven, dsz's of the world, but I've been around for a while.

At any rate, I think it'd be cool to see what kind of team that could produce, a bunch of guys with time on their hands that want to get involved in a project like that, working together on discord to renovate a beat up bot team.

Steve would have to be cool with it, probably. But I think it would be fun and an interesting experiment.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Get Steve on the team. Problem solved :)
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not that I consider myself a vet of the same level as the haselrigs, lostraven, dsz's of the world, but I've been around for a while.

psht... I appreciate the comment but you can't put me in the same group with those guys. I've never been above IV and that was with my old team. By the way, Hayseed has done a fantastic job with them since then. Just missed out on promoting to II this season. But it's taken me seven season to promote with this team and I'm not sure I'm not going to bounce right back down to VI next season.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@haselrig genius
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
actually, my Team_Italy project was just that: a co-owned team with login shared among _italian_ users only.
That was what I wrote in the Founding Chapter I proposed for Steve's approval.

It was not only meant to increase the number of italian players available for the National Team, but also as a way (above and beyond the Forum section in italian language) to share knowledge, tips and tricks.

It never worked really :(
IIRC, I shared the password with 3 other guys, who only accessed the team half a dozen times, combined.
Changed some lineups, signed a couple FAs.
That was it. I had to keep the team alive, usually paying attention only at season's end.
And when I resigned because of time constraints, nobody was interested to keep it on.

But I would be interested to reprise the concept.
Worth starting a new thread, isn't it?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@franke start one up? I'd be interested in taking part in this.

Previous Page | Show All |