Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft rd 8   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I still haven't seen a potential bar change on one of this season's draft picks. Last season I had guys changing a day or two after they were drafted. Timing seems different?

Next season is going to be a challenge. :) If pot bars are slower equilibrating we are more reliant on written scouting and minor league stats. But fringe guys aren't getting minor league playing time. Tough decisions ahead.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've never seen potential bar change on new draftees. In fact, I've only seen it once so far with an old guy of mine who's already retired.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It did happen last season. I drafted Nieves as a 14pot in the 4th round, but a week (/update) or two later he was suddenly a 16pot.

I was wondering the same as Seca, haven't seen any fluidity on Pot for this season's draftees - or more changes to last season's. Yet.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
With the draft changes, it's going to be very difficult to change player's positions via farm system coaching.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually got a guy that seems like he could be a servicible pitcher. Not a star by any means, but servicible. http://brokenbat.org/player/215364/U
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Like him. Kept the HRs down, and straight to AAA.

I'm wondering if there will be en masse swings in pot bars at the start of next season. I've yet to see a single player drafted this season change pot.
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been away awhile and trying to get back into the game, any reason to keep younger 11's? Minors has a couple when I took the team over and wondered if anything had changed in regards to that.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. POT has changed. There is more fuzziness, so POT 11s are more likely to actually be somewhere between 9 - 13 POT. I would consider their scouting report, current growth, and minor league performance before cutting bait on them.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've yet to see a single player drafted this season change pot.

We may see it happen with sharpening over time, or it may just POP when they exceed their POT. That is how it worked previously. Some guys never reached their POT (and always showed the erroneous higher POT), and other only updated when they exceeded the expected POT. I could easily see the system continuing to work in the same way.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
That's fair, and quite a reasonable way for it to work.

But different from 2040 where guys could change a day or two after drafting.

Previous Page | Show All |