Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft #6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tdawg1413

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cant truly complain about this guy in round 6. Was hoping for some pitching but the ones listed were pretty meh.

http://brokenbat.org/player/201207
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Seen a few 14 and 15 POTs come off the board today, nothing like that available in NYC - best POT was 13 and that was on a "never be a decent hitter" so that was a no-no. 12 POT insta-cut for me, although the report wasn't bad.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I too went fishing using the pitcher pool. What came up turned into an interesting Friday morning exercise. Two players showed POT 14, though we all know at this point that doesn't mean that's their endpoint. There was also a 13 POT and some 12s. I wasn't expecting that.

One of the 12 POTs was likely a 12 POT in reality and would have been a decent pull despite being a lefty. The 13 POT was also a lefty and also may very well have been a 13, but he was a lefty mid-range fastballer, which I'm kind of "meh" about. Then the 14s: one was an international player who's scouting comment showed only "good" and had a horrendous HR/9 in the International league, and the other was Blackmon.

Blackmon has flaws with his below average control and the fact that he's 21 and only has 48 SI. WHY, why, WHY is my Kryptonite pitchers with potential who are significantly behind the development curve? I can't seem to resist their gravity. Sure, pitchers can gain SI rapidly, though sometimes they don't. Blackmon is no guarantee at success, but for Round 6, am I really going to complain that much?

Edit: Oh, odd thing! Despite showing only 48 SI, the AI is recommending I put Blackmon in AAA. Uhhhh... err....

Updated Friday, July 12 2019 @ 7:43:22 am PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dipped into the HS/College pool and got this guy. I had no one with a positive hitting report but with this guy's speed, range, arm I'm gonna let him marinate for a bit. Maybe he'll end up being a backup of, pinch runner kind of guy.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Gamez could be a good 1B or DH prospect. With this draft pick, I have kept all of my draft picks up to this point.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He can also be a solid catcher if needed,even a RF
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Back-to-back 15 POTs in Palo Alto.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Very nice. :)

Not a complaint, but with:
- higher retention rates
- higher placement levels
- higher SI (?)
I think I'm seeing that it's more difficult getting minor league action. Especially for the fringey guys (the ones you'd really like some data from).

I find it a little curious that none of my draft picks this season have changed potential (a guy I kept from last season has, but none of my '41s). Has anyone seen a '41 move bar? Last season it seemed to happen very shortly after draft day. Wondering if the timeline has been changed/stretched.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that we are not having any feedback on fringe minor leaguers.
I signed a few low pot-high hopes kids, and they almost never play, whereas other more developed players are getting an inordinate amount of playing time: Green had 297IP in 2040!

As for the innacurate potential, my understanding is that it came to life after round 4 (or 6?) of 2040, and it was retroactive to round1 2040.
That's why so many 2040 draft picks changed pot!
I read the new potential as innaccurate, and the original one as real.
Just my opinion, I have no better info than anyone else :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there are a couple guys I cut because I couldn't see any data on them.

Like this guy. I was excited when I picked him up on 1 claim, because I thought he was going to be a sleeper, but if he can't get innings, it will take forever to figure out what he is. So cleared his space for another prospect.

Updated Monday, July 15 2019 @ 3:25:34 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |