Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injury Documentation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sanuk

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh the information is saved alright, right along with all the other stats! Only injury occurrence is not being reported along with all the other database info.

When you have 40% of your starters come back injured following a game or series, you have to question what happened here. Am I overplaying their abilities? Asking something from them they are not capable of? Any other stats reported are useless if they are unable to play. All those non playing day stats become 0 all across the board.

It seems a glaring and questionable omission in a game loaded with quality stats.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know of any real baseball source that lists "days injured" as a stat.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure every team has that information for every player and their draft targets. In real life its pretty important information. In the game its only important if injuries aren't completely random events.
sanuk

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In horse racing you have access to a piece of equipment called blinkers. Blinkers prevent the horse from viewing right or left in competition leaving only what's right in front of their face as their field of vision.

Can you direct me to the place in the game which documents injury. How and why they may occur and the random aspect implemented for game purposes?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What makes you think injury data is saved? I've never heard Steve say it was. In fact I think he has spoken about DB size issues when this topic was raised in the past.

All the information that any of us have on injuries can be found in the manual. Steve generally doesn't tell us the specific algorithms and factors used. That's part of the game to figure out. There has been some speculation that injury prone is a hidden value like base stealing aggressiveness, but its never been proven one way or the other. If there is no hidden value, then it would be completely random, just like every outcome in any game.
sanuk

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the record, MLB itself keeps player disabled lists and there are several regarding extent, term, of injury. Those records are reported, kept and maintained ongoing by MLB for all to view. This year, MLB announced they are changing the disabled list name to "injured list," effective immediately.

In this game, when the seemingly constant red Alert link indicates your team incurred 2-3-4-5 player injury's from a previous game or series it seems prudent for you to investigate why. The game offers no help in this area by explanation of how this may happen or suggestions even which may minimize the occurrence. Why indeed would you think this injury area is of such a nature that the process should remain hidden? If actually random, it affects all teams, all players, and nothing controls or guides the occurrence for all. Remaining hidden offers a red alert of it's own to players of the Broken Bat game. Explanation of the injury process along with injury reporting could help alleviate much of this.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
From what I have been able to pick up, there is no way you can impact injuries. They are random, possibly effected by an injury prone factor on individual players (but I don't believe it exists). I don't think over pitching a pitcher will lead to more injuries, but that is possible. Its all guesswork, like in real life. But for the most part, you just need to roll with the punches, like in real life. Sometimes you get bad breaks. I had three Starters injured earlier this year and had to dumpster dive on FA to fill my rotation. Its part of the game.

It makes sense that you want to figure out how to limit injuries, but other than possibly using your pitchers responsibly, I don't believe there is any way to impact it. Sometimes guys just get injured.
I also don't think responsible pitcher use actually has an effect in this game. Pretty sure its all random.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Injuries aren't hidden. When they happen, the game tells you. They happen because they're "people." The only way you can stop injuries is to not play players.

And to clarify an earlier point, I was saying you can't check a player's injury history by going to MLB or Stats or anything like that. There isn't a stat called injury days or the like.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy is finishing up his 3rd injury stint in less than a week (six days to be exact). All for small lengths, two days here, three days there, etc.

Could be random, could be age. Could be a random injury-prone factor at play. Whichever of the above it is makes it challenging.
Rebuilder

Redding Raiders
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Catchers have always had injury/stamina issues. Try platooning or resting them for one game in double headers.

Updated Thursday, July 18 2019 @ 12:35:13 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |