Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2041 Draft — Round 5   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy might be a 1B/DH-only type but the hitting potential is enormous.
Mesh77

Aurora Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like a bunch of good prospects still out there, no exception in Palo Alto.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's mine.

btw, I've yet to see a prospect this season to start from Rookie level. Are they not generated anymore? I don't want to lose my rookie league team so I'm keeping an A-recommended guy there, but if there's no more rookie level prospects then there's not much point in that.
geigerted

Queens Park Rangers
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked up my first ever POT16 player!
While I think that there's at least a 99% chance that his potential will move down over the next few seasons, there's a lot of room for him to underachieve and still be a keeper.
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@McDoogle Well, you can move him to the LF and use him as a potencial backup catcher. Maybe he can even develop a 14 or 15 Arm and be a primary catcher.
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got another pretty good player. Haven't had anything less that a pot 13 so far.

http://brokenbat.org/player/202133
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
POT alone does not make a good player. 17 and 18 range OFs that can’t hit are a dime a dozen in free agency. I’d take a pot12 with the right build over a pot15 who will never hit any day. That said, pot15 is an awful lot of SI and I suppose there’s a chance he winds up with 13-14 hitting despite having no scouting comment. But I don’t know that I’d call him a good prospect at this stage.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
A 12 pot OBP CI, very much a Lancers pick, but not particularly a standout so may be for the block.

@Mcdoogle - that guy is an OF, pure and simple. Ideal Range and no Arm for C: it might correct to 13 but that's still way too low.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My 5th rounder is a bit of a mystery. Don't really like not having a hitting comment. But if he really is a 14 he may have enough BC/PD to make up for it. Plus I have this guy that doesn't have a hitting comment either and he's doing pretty ok. Granted, Cardona has the prolific power while Silvestri just has speed and fielding. I don't know. I need to take a trip through my minors and see what's what. Even with POT being fuzzy, I may have a hard time releasing a 14 right away.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...
I've kept all 5 of my picks so far. This is very odd. Usually I only keep 2 or 3 the entire draft.
They are not awesome pot players but rather decent builds with lower initial POT.
I don't have room on the roster to keep this up much longer.

Previous Page | Show All |