Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Round 4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its definitely inflated, but most of those guys aren't really as high as they look. The draft has probably "been good" for most people because folks are looking at it through prior years lens where the POT was more accurate (and thus lower on average).
tdawg1413

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fairly happy with this guy

http://brokenbat.org/player/217956
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
because folks are looking at it through prior years lens where the POT was more accurate

That's fair. (I was getting at this when I said we don't know how things will turn out :) ).

Even if pot bars all come into line, the higher average level of placement may have a similar inflationary effect. Fernandez could hit the majors by age 21. That's ~13 year playing career (longer if the manager is a dink who flaunts and flogs his star players). Yes there always have been 21 year old ML players, but it looks like there will be noticeably more.

Players having an extra 2-3 years on their career doesn't sound like much, but its that much less turnover. Fewer seasons "breaking in" players. A higher level of skill across the board.

Or not. :) Just a thought.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Something I also think is happening is being able to see the potential players aren't missing the higher players now. Before you could have 2 guys say very good potential with 1 being 15 and the other 13 and choosing the 13 because he sounded like the better player
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When this guy grows up, it will be a test of that low control but still good pitcher discussion.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Has not been an amazing draft for me, but I cannot complain. Solid role players that will be good in the future, whether that be great hitters, defenders, or pitching aid.

Today, the MOSH drafted 19 year-old SS Chico Ureno. That weak arm means I will have to convert him into a 2B, but I see him having 16 Hitting and 15 Power in the future, with 15 fielding. Should be one to watch.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@12twelve without a doubt. it will be very interesting to see how he can do
DDroy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is by far the most interesting draft pick I have seen. It would be interesting to see how he turn out
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My 4th pick http://brokenbat.org/player/214921 My picks have been pretty consistant so far.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@DDroy - that IS an interesting prospect! If he hits his 16 POT minimum and you give him the 'technical max' in 12 Hit and 10 Pow, he could then hit 20 Bat Control, 16 PD and 20 Fielding - that is one heck of a SS.

@Rome - that is a very nice hitter, congrats.

Previous Page | Show All |