Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2041 Draft round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Might be anecdotal, but it seems like the hit percentage is up across the board, doesn't it? Not hearing a lot of people being stuck with a 9 POT in round one. If that's the case, then the changes seem to be doing what was hoped for.

Says an owner who scored an immediate superstar. Also for Novi, with one quick pick they now have 10 consecutive seasons with at least one 14+ potential draft pick (and 18 thirteens as well). I wonder if anyone else can claim that.

One unexpected result of the new draft, at least for me, is that it effectively shuts down definitive race to draft data. We can lump them together by day, but nothing more.

Edit--Oh my word. I haven't found a streak like Novi's, but I just saw Laredo has 7 fourteens and 2 sixteens since 37! These are examples of what some of us are hoping to cure, in part, with the new draft. Total imbalance in drafting.

Updated Saturday, June 8 2019 @ 11:15:50 am PDT
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Laredo is thriving on the shoulders of:
Pot15 3B Crow
Pot15 2B Aoyama
Pot15 SP Kim
Pot15 SS Gaytan is a waiver claim so not part of this conversation

On yesterday, drafting 3rd overall, I was benefitted with pot14 SP/MR Saito.
Already a front runner for Rookie Pitcher of the Year.

I'm in Trieste, Italy. Draft time is 2pm here. I'm guilty of drafting early, each and every time.
Italy also makes me guilty of eating well and drinking even better.
So, my advice is:everybody moves to Europe and leave Steve alone drafting at 2am in California
:):):)

Updated Saturday, June 8 2019 @ 11:31:24 am PDT

Updated Saturday, June 8 2019 @ 11:32:12 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you know you drafted third? Or was that tongue in cheek?
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
no kidding, I'm positive I drafted 3rd overall.
Starting this season, we are told how big draft pools are, and how many picks are left.
Subtract one from the other, that's your draft pick "order".

I've been the second to pick in the Asian pool, one other player going to the US section.
I did my choice some minutes past 4pm, european time

Updated Saturday, June 8 2019 @ 4:38:56 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Of course. Funny I knew that when I drafted. Now a day later since I've realized there's no way to see the overall order, I forgot I knew my own spot!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree there's a need, now more than ever, for Steve to create a page with a log of draft picks, and also for waivers.
The data is already public, only not accessible in a unified form. You have to dig thruogh hundreds of teams' pages.
One place only would allow research and consultation for everybody
ryansrats

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/216349
Jeff Moran POT 13.
Better draft than last year. He should be a solid 2B/LF. Pretty happy with the pick.

nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ryansrats Moran looks like he can be a great defensive 2B if developed right. Decent hitter too.
ryansrats

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks nxck98 for the assurance. I'm still learning this game. I like strong defensive players and Moran is just that. I'm unsure of his hitting skills. Keeping my fingers crossed.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I probably shouldn't have went Asian because I'm not hardcore looking for right-now help (maybe a left-handed hitting OF). But I did anyway. Had a slick looking SP and Betto. I'm just fine at 2B and 3B this year, and probably next year as well, at a minimum, so debating training 3B or maybe getting some OF reps in in AAA this season. Probably won't hit super well, but I was intrigued by the power represented in those two seasons in the Asian league. More information! I can't be the only one at least a little excited about the new changes.

Previous Page | Show All |