Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waiver Wins   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Breeden is a 1B or LF, but he doesn't have the prototypical power for either position. Meh. Good D eventually for 1B.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why I'm saying 2B. He'll get to 14 fielding eventually.
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He's left handed so he'll get a Fielding penalty in the infield if he plays anywhere other than first.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Completely missed that... probably going just going to be a DH for us in the future than if that hitting develops as nicely as I hope. Power is an issue, especially considering the positions he is restricted to now, but we always try to develop players to their fullest.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dinos took a long, hard look at Hacker. Eventually pulled our claim.

His minor league numbers put me off. They are kind of weird IMO. He has had good power and a good GB:FB, but didn't ever leverage that in his stats. Aside from the odd blip, his slugging was consistently under 400.

Maybe it's something he grows out of as a ML player.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Correct me if I'm wrong Seca, but Hacker also seems a little old given how poor his ratings are. He needs that hitting to reach 15 to have a chance at being decent. The positional eligibility makes him a nice depth piece, and for a rebuilding squad it makes sense, but I have doubts.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Age might bother some, didn't bother me. He didn't play much last season, should still have some opportunity to grow.

2-3 on each hitting stat seems possible/reasonable. 14-15 hit with 17 power and a GB:FB around 1 should be a useful player. Maybe not 4th or 5th in the order, but he looks like a solid 3B that could give 20 HRs out of the 6th or 7th spot.

Every team has its own context. Part of my decision is that I have a 3B prospect about 2 seasons out. Anyone I suffer through developing at third has to be able to move to another position. If Hacker had a 1b on his resume he would have been more attractive to the Dinos.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Huge win for the MOSH today. We claimed Quentin Solomon, a 25-year old SS that is going to develop into a beauty. Only question: start him in the minors or bring him up?

With 18 claims on him, I know he has the chance to be special.

Updated Thursday, June 6 2019 @ 6:19:38 am PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@nxck98, I'd bring him up and get him some playing time.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd bring him up and get him some playing time.

Ya. His fielding is lower than you'd like for "outstanding", but I don't think another season in AAA helps that much. Really no benefit to keeping him down imo.

Previous Page | Show All |