Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Playoffs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry if I'm pre-empting someone else's thread about the playoffs, but I'm super excited.

The Vermillion Dragons just took the first two games of out playoff series on the road! Both of our starting pitchers have done well, and the bullpen has been especially solid. Some timely hitting (2 runs in a tied 9th inning in game 2!) has been key and we're looking to pick up another game at home tomorrow. Go Dragons!

Edit: We will have to have some bench players come up big to replace All-Star Outfielder Stanley Crowley, who is sidelined for the rest of the playoffs with an MCL injury. He will be tough to replace, as he drove in 129 runs and slugged .901 this season, but I'm confident that his replacements will come up with the key hit that we need to bring this thing home.

Updated Wednesday, May 22 2019 @ 6:38:57 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Crowley needs to suck it up. It's the playoffs. :)

At least he has something resembling an injury. One of my star players is taking 2 games off because his knee is sore. Boo hoo.
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just wanted to share this incredibly tense Game 4 from my playoff series. I won't spoil too much, but it went extra innings (SCORELESS!) and the opposing starting pitcher went 9 2/3 innings! Also, my backup catcher threw out TWO basestealers in extras. I 'watched' it live and it was quite an experience.

http://brokenbat.org/game/3328951

5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Won my series in extra innings against a player from my farm system a long time ago

Previous Page | Show All |