Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2041 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
New draft will start next season. Probably wouldn't be perfect...so will probably be tweaked over time.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great news!
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Excited to read that... Suspense!!!
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I cannot decide, do I wake up early tomorrow morning and grab an early 8th rounder.... or do I wait until late next week and ceremoniously take the last player of the old draft?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
or do I wait until late next week and ceremoniously take the last player of the old draft?

I sort of asked this question in another thread, but I don't see what would cause the window to close after 7 days. Kind of expecting we'll have until the end of the season to make that 8th round pick.

If correct, that means there is no roster pressure from the end of waivers until the end of the season. You (likely) will have already made your 7th round pick b/f waivers closes.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I missed this but is the draft staying at 8 rounds next season or going back to 10?
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would also like to know the differences between the old draft and new draft.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca From the Home Page

May 9th, 2019 - End of the old draft...
This Friday will start the 8th and final round of the draft. Since the draft is switching over next season, it’s the last round of the old draft. Clubs will have exactly one week to make their selection (a lot of teams skip the later draft rounds) and then we will start converting the code over to the new draft system.

@dsz and peacockpenguin: some of the changes were mentioned in the Official Draft Change Discussion Look at posts on 4/04/2019 by admin. Beware that the rest of the discussion is a long winded list of opinions and suggestions.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks.

A roster spot magically opened up, so all good.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Draft will be 8 rounds going forward.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |