Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 5th   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If you take a tour around Legends, you'll see a few owners started BB within a few weeks of each other. Wonder what was going on in Spring/Summer '14?
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Happy Anniversary! I'll have been here 3 years the 30th of this month. Glad to be part of this game. I've always felt like I was part of some exclusive club because this is a small community compared to most online games and what not. Here's to many more years.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Happy Anniversary! I'll have been here 3 years the 30th of this month. Glad to be part of this game. I've always felt like I was part of some exclusive club because this is a small community compared to most online games and what not. Here's to many more years.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

If you take a tour around Legends, you'll see a few owners started BB within a few weeks of each other. Wonder what was going on in Spring/Summer '14?

5yrs and a half for Laredo.

I think it was a time when BrokenBat was ranked no.1 on a site dedicated to online games.
That's when it attracted so much attention, and increased the user base.

If your question was how come we (I feel Laredo as part of the same litter) have reached Legends, well.... there are two things which comes to mind:

until season 2014 (BB timeline), Waivers didn't exist.
Reallocation of talent was on a First come/first served basis. Free agents were released on the market at random times. Who could afford to spend all day and night online could snag the best players.

I joined quite during this change. I remember because I was perplexed by the Manual which was not up to date.
(I also remember, season 2014 started with a glitch: the first 3 weeks or so were played in one single day, using the Lineups of Spring Training)

The next big change happened when Potential was included as a search box for FA.

You, Seca, me, joined in the meanwhile.
At a time when pot14 prospects were PLENTIFUL in Free agency, but at the same time they were.... hidden, among hundreds of bums.
You needed time and dedication to find the few gems.
As a matter of fact, Haselrig started a Thread over here in which the EXCESS of prospects he (and me) found among the FAs (after passing thru waivers, I mean) were offered to the general public to try and "savage" their career.

It was a time of plenty, and Laredo reached Legends thanks to that generation of players.
Which has just recently retired:
"money" Morrow, Laredo best hitter eveer
and also an Hall of Famer as
Brett Moore
and many more could muster only a handful claims.

It was a time when Laredo minors were stocked with pot14 PITCHERS. And Three (3!) pot15 SP!!!
Dan Andrews has been enshrined, his contemporaries carried Laredo to a Cup win, and to Legends for the first time.

I remember BrokenBat powerhouse Thunder Bay Red Raiders signed a pot14 SP, I got rid of.
Looks like unbelievable, now.
It is a distant past.
The market is different nowadays.
More info are avaialble for all to read on the forum.
Everyone is after the same build.
More competion on the FA market in turn created a pressure on acquiring players thru the Draft.
Thus, the request for a reform.
And here we are
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Very nice post Frankebasta. :)

I was trying to remember how I found the game, and I think it was through one of those websites that list and rank online games. Might well explain a baby boom.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't recall how I found it either at this point. Five years is a long time for anything, but for an online game? Should be measured in dog years or something.

I've always appreciated that private club feeling Dan mentioned as well. When you consider this game has players from around the globe, it raises that exclusivity feel a notch or two. We're less than 1k out of 7.53 billion people. Crazy.

[EDIT] Pretty sure waivers were a thing when I started. Is that how you recall it, Seca?

Updated Saturday, April 13 2019 @ 8:47:39 am PDT
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats. I just realized I've now been playing for a little over 4 years. Did not realize it has been that long!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
a Forum message from back then publicizing a site
I'm sure there were more:

Greeting!

You can now find Broken Bat in browser games listing. Review and vote for Broken Bat, this will bring more new players here.

Rate and review Broken Bat below:
http://newrpg.com/browser-games/broken-bat/

Kind regards,
NewRPG team

Updated Sunday, April 14 2019 @ 12:38:16 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wonder how many players joined from that little blitz?

More info are avaialble for all to read on the forum.

Can't say there's anything I ever learned about this game, or something I felt like gave me an edge, that I didn't immediately give away either on the forum or privately. Probably not the best approach :P

Updated Sunday, April 14 2019 @ 4:13:08 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Waivers definitely was a thing. Search by potential was not.

I mentioned in another thread recently - when I got the Dinos, I cut everyone in the minors except Acosta and this guy (who was a bot draft pick).

When I joined, waivers had just closed. I had ample time to "scout" the available prospects. Took ages, and I had 6-7 pages of notes when I was finished, but my initial wave of signings was pretty strong (guys like Enriquez and Conti).

As Frankebasta said, an era where putting the effort in could hasten your team along.

Previous Page | Show All |