Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree; not good to have 1 1/2 weeks of not much to do in between seasons and then have that followed up by 10 days of spring training
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This is where the recruiting model from Hardwood would fit nicely. How about making a pool (International seems the ripest for a change) exempt from the draft. Instead, we'd use the same system of recruiting we use in Hardwood, but instead of recruiting, it would be negotiating.

Have contacts just like Hardwood. Have a similar four-tiered system as Hardwood. Maybe 15/16/17/18 or 14/15/16/17 year olds instead of the current International age range. You can start negotiating them at 14 and they sign after four seasons. Have them pick the final team for specific reasons like they do in Hardwood (they'd have to be different reasons, but similar concepts).

We could start negotiating the Friday after waivers close and signing day could be the first day of Spring Training. That way you could have a rookie to play in ST again.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@haselrig “this was an unusually rich waiver period”

Not in Deadwood... I didn’t win a damn thing! :(

Were quite a few nice players out there tho. Grats to the winners.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Most of the better ones were from the Mexican test league. I don't know that we can count on that every season.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
It doesnt feel like friday.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The cut in rounds didn't effect it. Used to be you could draft this Friday, and you would have to skip next Friday. Steve has just made it so everyone has to draft next Friday instead of opting in for the early draft pick (and having nothing to do next week).
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Actually, this is the Friday that used to be skipped for the draft, and the second round would happen next week. What with the first round pick having happened right when the flip wraps up on either a Saturday or Sunday, the first Friday after a flip has kinda never felt like a Friday.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Steve
One of the biggest issues for me is the fairness of the draft and in my ignorance I thought the race to draft first might be an easy issue to resolve. Can we at least change the draft time this season? 5am PST leaves me behind the race a bit. I usually wake up and draft before I can even see straight (literally) and yet am 2 hours late to the race.
Meyrian

Littleton Genesiz
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/196986

Good 1st draft.
When I remembered my last season 1 pick : http://brokenbat.org/player/191834
Da_Juice

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/197666

I continue a very good draft this year with this guy in the 2nd round. Going to play him at 2nd. Since my 1st round pick will be at SS. really need some Pitchers in my minors though but oh well

Previous Page | Show All |