Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> outrageous salary increases   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

MukilteoMike wrote:
$8.65 million for an 850 OPS guy? Franco wasn't even good enough to make the All Star team and he gets that obscene pay day? Salaries are stupid for players who have been in Legends.

we've seen it happens so very often, I think there's reason behind this huge spikes in salary.

We know for a fact there is a (big) discount for homegrown players.
When a player gets cut from the original team, and goes to the Free Agents market for the first time, his salary is increased by a 30% or so.

But the new, higher, salary still benefits from the homegrown discount!
The following season, he's asking you for his FULL paycheck, because his experience on your team is minimal
[this is the experience which, I think, counts for salary computation: Veteran (15 years with club)]

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 5:12:22 am PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are you intending for us to be able to click on a link at the bottom? If so, it isn't working.

For my guy, Franco, the raises you mentioned are on the short end. He got a 43% increase when I signed him. Now he's getting another 44% on top of that. The end result is 206% what he was making before I signed him less than one season ago. That's insanity.

For more enjoyment, I just released Chapa. He was forced into retirement, but it shows his salary spiked to $7.65 million. If someone could have signed and retained him into 2041, he might have been the $11 million man!

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 5:29:06 am PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
no, no link, just using the UNDERSCORE button in the text editor
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Who -- Bryce Harper or Manny Machado ?

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |