Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2039 Draft - Round 3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
it’s better for the game overall than if he never gets drafted at all

That's just wrong. For one its better for the game if he doesn't get drafted then if he gets given for free to one team and not all the others. Secondly, its moronic to claim that a player of that quality isn't going to get drafted.

That just screws up the game balance for everyone else. If you hadn't drafted him, someone else would have gotten him instead of the crappy picks they were shafted with.

Dumping Very Good prospects on the waivers is really the only way people can screw with the game and mess up everyone's experience. Intentionally drafting Very Goods just to drop them is just as bad a the kids who quit and dump all the good players off their team.

Its unlikely you are going to draft a Very Good POT 11. If you're going to play by those rules, the least you can do is only draft "Good Potential" and below instead of screwing up the game for everyone else.

You stole a POT 15 prospect from another team and gave Harrisonburg an unfair advantage over all of their opponents, and somehow you think that is "good for the game"? Unbelievable...

Updated Friday, January 11 2019 @ 8:09:21 pm PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
it is very comforting to know that somebody over here KNOWS what's right and what's wrong, in absolute terms.

A beacon of light into the darkness, INDEED.

You made my day, Rock777
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that's funny as hell.

Hawes to Haverhill.
Hurr Durr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lol
Should probably stick him in Rookie ball and leave him there forever... y'know, to preserve some of the integrity of the game.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
ROFL

Rock won the claim...
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably be best to release him, eh? Keep everything above board and all that :P
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know you are just joking, but releasing him doesn't help. Damage was done when Alyksandur released him. I still would have rather Alyksandur played above board and never drafted him in the first place. Getting a POT 15 this way is not satisfying in the least. Its going to feel like there is an asterisk next to the team when he makes the squad.

One of my young catching prospects will be losing his job now. So his career is ruined too for those of you who care about bit-characters :P

Updated Sunday, January 13 2019 @ 7:22:39 am PST
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to agree that someone running a pot-11 team should probably skip over the Very Goods...
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Has to be a German portmanteau for this sort of thing. Schadenfreude doesn't really do it but it's in that ballpark :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
*snort* Sunday morning zaniness!

Previous Page | Show All |