Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2039 Draft Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I went the college route hoping for a good pitcher that is close to being ready but the best potential pitcher was only good. I had five very good potential bats to choose from... none of which had a "great hitter" scouting report. I took the one with the "very good hitter" report. I think he'll be fine He's kind of a tweener in the fielding area. I'm going to try him at 2b and see how quickly he can learn it. Otherwise, he'll be another outfielder.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Wtf i didnt realize it is round number one when looking at the options, looked like round number ten. There was even one batter who had report:none.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@motko: same here.
I had 2 VG, which is a nice surprise: 1 starter without strike out ability and the hitter I caught and released.

I'm asking: has something changed over the past seasons? I wasn't so unlucky in my prime, I had several 14 pot and even a 15 pot.
It seems, in my case at least, that someone push down the average level of draftees.
tamale

Concord Jets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a bad R1 board with no VG and 3 good potentials. Two of the “good” pot players were batters, the first had no hitting comment (“decent slugger” and “outstanding in the field” only), and the second had no other comments whatsoever. Took a pitcher with a “major league” FB and SP stamina, but he turned out to be 11 POT junk.

Updated Monday, December 24 2018 @ 5:27:51 pm PST
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually draft from the Asian pool first but went college this season, mostly because I think doing the same thing over and over isn't necessarily the best thing.

Had two VGs and took the pitcher: http://brokenbat.org/player/191786. He's a lefty and only has two pitches so I'm not too excited about him, but his potential is fine and he's got no apparent weaknesses in terms of his ratings.

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No VG's and only 2 goods, one of which was a hitter without a positive hitting comment. No choice in the first round. Nasty.
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahhhhhh.. chose College when I usually go high school.
No VG, 2 Good which were obviously poor so I went above average. I ended up with an 11 POT.

Looked like round 5 to me!

However... I ended up with 7 picks last season so the law of averages is surely at play.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Best available player was an 11 potential pitcher with control problems. BrokenBat's equivalent to a lump of coal as a 1st round X-mas present?

Updated Sunday, December 23 2018 @ 1:59:55 pm PST
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
12 Pot pitcher. He can be good set up man.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Zack Villa is definitely a first baseman with his diffusive build. He was my only VG player, so I'll take this as a first round pick.

Previous Page | Show All |