Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Is anyone else getting poorly-scouted players?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This draft, I got a 'Good' player who is only a 10-POT, and an 'Above Average' who is only an 8 POT:

http://brokenbat.org/player/187189
http://brokenbat.org/player/189509

Is my scouting department just that incompetent (I know, they don't really exist), or has there been a change in the accuracy of scouting reports?

I'm holding onto both for now just to see how they train up.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just pulled this "good" guy.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And this is why potential should be eliminated, drafting on good, VG..ect is bad for the game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A 'Good' player who is only a 10-POT is almost definitely underrated. You'll see that he probably plays higher than his ratings would indicate.

That guy in particular looks like he could make a pretty strong DH/1B.

I just cut a decent looking POT 12 precisely because he only had "above average" potential. With that combination, I know he is more likely to be overrated (or cap low), so less likely to pan out then other players. I use both the POT and potential information combined to try and see into a player's future ;)

I don't think drafting on Potential is bad for the game. It just puts those folks at a disadvantage. If you focus solely on Potential, and don't consider the rest of the factors presented (build, age, handedness, etc.), you are reducing your chances of pulling the best guy.

I've cut several 14 POT, Very Good Potential guys who went on to have below average careers on LL-6 teams.

Updated Friday, November 16 2018 @ 2:28:04 pm PST
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I try to use both when drafting players. With my past team I had some success drafting "above average" players. This one though... not so much.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

@dsz071 wrote:
I just pulled this "good" guy

Actually, opening the link this is what I see:
Scouting Report: He can be a strike out pitcher. His control will always be lacking. He has above average overall potential.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's odd. I swear it said "good" when I selected him.

Previous Page | Show All |