Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2038 Draft Round 2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
13POT Pitcher c&r! Go get him. Needed a fielder got the pitcher he had the best report
Vols

Norman Aces
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
POT 14 Pitcher
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've never been able to figure out which is worse, not get any "very good" options or getting one that ends up being a 12 cut and release. The answer normally is whichever just happened. For me, that's the latter this time.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another C&R. Better than round one, but not worth keeping.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At least you can look at a "Very Good" POT 12 as a bust. I find it more annoying when the best options you have in round 1 are "Above Average". That's not a bust, just super lazy scouts.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it’s questionable whether you’d want De Jong as a 13 pot. RHB DH with a “good” hit tool. 12 pot lets you cut with a clear conscience.

Dino’s had the same choice as TPS. Very good position player vs. Good reliever. Pitcher was a ++ breaking ball low stam guy. Potentially a good player at 12 pot. The position player didn’t sound good. Hit tool, but no power, no speed, no fielding.

Decided I couldn’t disrespect the very good. Not thrilled about him. Will keep a couple of weeks to see if he hits the cover off the ball in the minors, but I don’t see him as part of the plan.
poorteam

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
managed to nab a really good 14 pot pitcher. no breaking ball report though, sorta concerned
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Feels like a letdown:

Scouting Report: He can be a great hitter. He can develop into an above average slugger. He can be amazing in the field. He has good overall potential.

Pot 12

I guess its because of the lack of speed. Training at Catcher perhaps?

http://brokenbat.org/player/187495
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are you joking? A 6 arm catcher? Unfortunately first base is the only option, which is bad for a rightie. Unless you have lots of roster space, I'd cut him. You can probably find better.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't cut him. Mukilteomike is right he is a 1B. 1B is a good position to platoon.

Great hitting is always worth a shot. I would give him a couple of seasons in the minors and see how he does.

Previous Page | Show All |