Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Player development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
zwmorris

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a 24 year old pitcher who is a 106 SI....BEAST MODE! Trying to build around this kid.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I wondered if you had tried playing them yet.

From the rulebook:
Three factors determine where the player's current skill level is: training, experience & aging... Experience: is gained while playing in the majors and to a limited extent in the minor leagues (ie. Playing in spring training games). There are several ways in which experience is gained: with each at bat for hitters, with each batter faced for pitchers and with each inning played in the field for positional defense purposes.

I have played some of my AA and AAA players supposedly not ready for the big time and added a point of two SI a training period.

Some have contibuted, some not. for example:
  • This average looking starter pitched two wins for three starts late this season and his stamina has increased
    http://brokenbat.org/player/56377
  • I gave this good prospect a couple of series once I could no longer get promoted. he as just two hits from 11 at bats, but both were extra bases and contributed arun and three RBI. "He seems a little overmatched at this level of competition."
    I have yet to see the outcome of this
    http://brokenbat.org/player/59722

I also used the cup earlier in the season to blood some of my younger players. I rotate some of these in and our of the minors.

It is not enforced but I have now made it my personal policy not to drop players over 25 into the minors; except after September 1st when I use players from the whole roster. I believe this is in line with MLB roster rules.

I hope this is of use; my apologies if you have already tried this.

Also I am a rookie, so no expert yet
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
interesting idea, i may have to try using my rookies some next season, i mostly just use minors for younger guys, my general outlook is that if a guy is 22-24 and he isnt over the hump into 80 si yet than he may not ever bee good enough to start so i usually get rid of him, i have not found many good pitchers on the wire, a few here and there i have had alot better luck with the draft this year and have recieved a few great pitching prospects,
also a few of the younger guys i signed when i first started are starting to get good enough to make a impact, i have kept my 31 year old starter the last two seasons as he has been the best pitcher i had at 104 si, lol horrible right
he had a pretty decent season this year, but he may find himself on the wire before the start of next season depending on what he trys to demand for salary at 32
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The regular team I manage, tanked miserable at the start of Broken Bat and dropped way down. However, they have recovered and will promote to league III next season.

Other than a few brief free agent signing to cover injuries, my team (San Francisco Eagles) is built almost exclusively with High School Draftees.

Steve
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I came in about mid-season and I have a curiosity about the minors pool. The guys you get to choose from are random from the pool you pick from, but when is the pool 'restocked'? First of the year? Just curious as near the end it was difficult to find one with a scouting report better than 'We're not sure how he manages to tie his shoes'.

I was thinking maybe the pool had dried up a bit by the time I got here and I'm looking forward to next year and a fresh shot at some potential studs.
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know how it feels that one of your players not to develop very quick because one of my players is in AA and he has played in the majors before and he doesn't develop quick.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The various pools are re-stocked at the beginning of each season.

Steve
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Steve. Now, for a 'Simulate Season' button....

Demoted, having a tough time but my own fault. Investing heavily in the Minors, trouble will be keeping afloat financially while waiting for the next season or two to pass while these fellas learn what a baseball is and what to do with it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What does the 'Simulate Season' button do?

Steve
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ummm...nothing you would be interested in. :)

Sarcasm for :
OMG my team picthing is hurting /
i'll be lucky to get 40 wins next season /
please don't make me go through the agony of defeat 120 times /
good grief I wish it could be the 2015 season when my rooks will be developed.

Previous Page | Show All |