Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2036 Award Winners   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
No surprises in III.2, where the top two teams dominated the top awards - Thunder Bay had three of the top four CY candidates (including the winner), and Columbus had the top four MVP candidates.

Just one All-League award in New York, Miranda with his first, must have been a shallow pool for CF. Tan was robbed of any mention in the awards, had all the numbers and POTG awards, guess having his playing time split between LF, RF and DH hurt him.

We had the second and third pitcher RotY, but the weirdest thing for me is not seeing perennial award-winner Ortiz up there. Picked things up after a slow start to make the ASG but Father Time hit him hard in the second half and he could do nothing - sad, because he was always a monster second-half player.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Phoenixes take down almost all pitching awards (Cy Young for Sly, all three places on All-League team for our guys), as well as two golden gloves (C and SS). The latter did not happen for a long time.
As for hitting... we leave it to other teams ;)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
For the Ravens...

Cy Young:
Charlie "Air Force" Barrett

All League:
Marcos Cano (1B) (Speaks more to how bad 1B was in our league)
Carlton Moss (RF)
Charlie "Air Force" Barrett (P)
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Galactus sported a .283/.330/.598 slash line, scored 106 runs, had 130 RBI, and hit 45 homers while also stealing 61 bases (13 CS).

MVP? Nope, a distant 5th with only four votes. Not sure about that.
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah no doubt on III.2

I never get why Thunder Bay always gets superior results from his pitchers. TB Joshua Hanson winning the CY young as a reliever. Not even starting a single game. That's pretty cool!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 No real surprises in DFB for awards this season, except for the two Gold Gloves that only make sense if other teams were platooning.

MVP: Jung Hwan Lee
Cy Young: Raymond Naputi

Gold Gloves:
2B: Karlo Bašić
3B: Benito Ramon

All League:
P: Raymond Naputi
P: Gilbert Carson
C: Enrique Madrigal
1B: Yoshio Sakai
LF: Jung Hwan Lee

Updated Friday, July 20 2018 @ 10:06:23 am PDT
zonablazer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Two of my players won major awards. Grant Redmond, MVP. Casey McClellan, Rookie Pitcher of the Year.

The rookie of the year in my league was in his 3rd season in the league.

My closer came in 3rd place for rookie pitcher of the year. But he pitched in 44 games and had like 36 saves in 2035.

ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Took home Cy Young, MVP (1st and 2nd place), and Rookie of the Year. I had 5 guys on the All-League team, 2 pitchers and 3 hitters, including one guy who has now made all-league at two different positions.

http://brokenbat.org/player/99318

That guy never ages!!
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a guy lead the league in HR and RBI, top 5 in RISP, SLG, and OPS. ... didn't get a single MVP vote and failed to make All-League team..

Probably because of his 40 errors and because he played on the worst team. (don't worry, i've learned. He wont be in my infield next year!).

I did manage to the get the Gold Glove at Pitcher. That was my ONLY award this year.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh geeze, just realized my biggest snub:

Weems lead the league in outfield assists (19) and had a .993 FP overall, 3 errors in 459 chances.

1 winner was second in OA and had zero errors all year. The other two, while slightly better in FP, had far fewer OAs.

*shrugs* oh well. They were all "deserving" as well. Dems the breaks.

Previous Page | Show All |