Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> All-Star predictions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If my SP "Air Force" doesn't make it to the All Star, I'll scream "ROBBERY!" SP Connor Carrier also makes for a strong case. RP Brandt has a shot for a second AS appearance in a row.

Of my batters, Carlton Moss and Rick Barrow will contend for an AS trip.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The Ravens cleaned up and ended up sending eight: three of my SP, a RP, an OF, 2B, 3B, and SS.

SP: "Air Force"
SP: Connor Carrier
SP: "The Jet" (second in a row)
RP: Grant Brandt (second in a row)

2B: Jose Santiago (need to double check, but 2B may be weak in our league this season, and Santiago was the best, if not unspectacular, bet)
3B: Rick Barrow (first of many?)
SS: Ryan Nicholson (second overall appearance, and has been a steady presence so far for me this season *knock on wood*)
OF: Carlton Moss (second in a row)

AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 All of the Rats I said made it to the game, plus Julián Lemus besides.

The ’Gulls got completely snubbed. Looking at the reserve list for VI.30 East, Quinonez probably just barely missed making it in.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
All the guys I mentioned except one of my locks, Roldan, made it. How the hell the HR and SB leader didn't make it is beyond me.

Also, I discovered injured players play in the game. I've been waiting for Roque to come back for awhile now, and yet he can pitch the all-star game now?

Updated Wednesday, June 20 2018 @ 2:48:44 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Yep, injuries are not taken into account for the All Star Game. Found that out a few seasons back when I was lamenting that one of my players was probably going to miss out on being in his ninth straight All Star Game due to injury. He played anyway.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I missed the predictions thread and some of this may be confirmation bias, but I was right on all the guys I expected to make it and had my personal best of 6 players in the All Star game, 3 pitchers and 3 batters. Not a bad day for Cedar Park.
Markakis21

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And on Beavercreek my (Cactusguy21's) second team had three all-stars.

CF Ralph Gibson was a deserving all-star. Sadly, that's the only one they got right on my team.

DH Isaac Young got in as a rookie, because apparently this division is devoid of anything resembling talent. Seriously, isn't there anyone else in this league that performed better than the guy with a .330 OBP? You know, maybe like Denny Lewis, ON THE SAME FREAKING TEAM.

And while we're on the topic of bad selections, explain how, out of all of the people on my incredible pitching staff, Kaline[//url] gets the all-star nod. Like, why not Bergman, Ortiz, Watkins, Olmos, or Layman? Does logic even exist in this universe?

Updated Wednesday, June 20 2018 @ 7:13:20 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Only Ricardo Garcia made it for the Halflings. Still can't figure out how Garcia only had 23 claims on him... Luck waiver claim for Haverhill who somehow slipped through the cracks on most teams' radar.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
12/25/16 April 18th 2030 Burnsville Dragons Free Agent Pool 20 Released
12/27/16 April 21st 2030 Waivers Haverhill Highlanders 20 Waiver Claim

Hehe. Well the player was on waivers for 48 hrs ... those 48 hrs being Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Think its possible a few teams had powered down the radar for the holidays. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL, good point. Christmas present for me :)

Previous Page | Show All |