Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2036 Draft, Round 3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
The difference of 14 and 15 POT is usually that 15-pot has speed or range.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Why wouldn’t pool jumping be the best strategy? Okay, I guess I can understand hitting high school every time, but in general picking a pool based on need is the best way to draft in this game, hands down. (Of course, if you hit high school consistently for 8 seasons or so, you might have less need gaps, but I’d still say that you’d wanna hit Asian or college on occasion.)

Howeve, being smart with your drafts is important to. Don’t hit international after round 1. Don’t hit Asian after round 3. Don’t hit Latin at all until rounds 8-10, because the Latin pool is disgustingly bad, but you can find some hidden gems.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure we all have different ideas about what's the obvious best way to approach the draft... and I think that's actually a good thing, and also a little reflective of real life - teams and ownership approach the draft differently.

But anyway, I agree with some of what you just said cactus (don't touch international after round 1, or asian after round 3). However, I'm happy to have y'all pound the High School draft for rounds 1-6 and stay away from Latin, because I've recently started picking Latin early and it might be beginning to pay off for me. Then again, the more likely story is that it's all random and you just need the luck.

2036 Latin Early
2035 Latin Early

My apologies to Rock. You've waited far longer than I have for a POT15.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Latin pool is disgustingly bad

Luis Rosa begs to differ.

Why wouldn’t pool jumping be the best strategy?

Pool jumping isn't a bad strategy, however it does make it harder to gauge the actual talent in each pool. For example that comment about the Latin pool sounds a lot like one that would be made by someone who picked Latin pool early in the season about 1-5 times and got burnt. The key is all the pools can burn you even early in the season if you get a bad random sample, because that is what the draft board is, a random sample. It should even out theoretically over the course of many drafts, but then again Rock is still waiting on that evening to happen so...

Updated Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 8:27:58 am PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Myself I’m staying high school this season simply because my team is YOUNG and I have plenty of talent close to hitting the majors,so I’m just going to keep loading the young talent thru my minors and snag the occasional upgrade of waivers that need
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How are people always getting "Good POT" options on their boards :( I get nothing but junk.

I perform a complex series of hand gestures (almost Bollywood-esque) before clicking the pool button.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If the goal is to gauge the talent in each pool, then going "any player" like I have lately is the best strategy. But on paper it’s also the worst, because there’s gonna be somewhere on your team with a bigger hole than elsewhere.

And I mostly dislike Latin because so many players bust out of it. Like with High School, they generally reach their full potential. But Latin they often don’t. But on the flip side, Latin typically has more 14+ superstars and definitely has more 15+ than any other pool, so when you win, you win big.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca:
LOL
feel the need for a "like" button here ;)

Updated Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 1:11:29 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 *Wipes tea off his screen.* …Dammit, Seca… ^.^

I usually go with International and Asian in the first two rounds (though not always necessarily in that order), and after that it’s mostly whatever pool feels like a good idea at the time instead of anything particularly strategic.

I usually look for more enticing scouting reports for what I need instead of paying too much attention to potential reports, given that I’ve seen “very good” on 11 POTs and “above average” on 13 POTs. I also admit that I’ll take an “above average potential” great hitter over a “good potential” with no hitting comment.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I perform a complex series of hand gestures (almost Bollywood-esque) before clicking the pool button.

Doh! I've been using my feet :(

Previous Page | Show All |