Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> DOPE 2036   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

20—Fall River (24) Has a streak of 6 seasons advancing exactly 3 rounds in the Cup.

Had ... went splat last season (both times)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In no particular order the remaining teams should be:

College Station
Waterloo
Birmingham
Broomfield
Alexandria
Santa Monica
Battle Creek
Novi
Edmond
Cedar Rapids
Thunder Bay
?

I know at least 9 or 10 of the 11 I listed will be in the 12, but without looking at LL IV I couldn't find who else was missing.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I doubt you'll be surprised about the III team. They're a bastion of value. And sorry about the wrong letter and tense of that verb, Brewnoe. It was a typo.

The next group will be added overnight...I think. I can't find my Broken Bat folder on my computer. Where in the heck has it gone?

Updated Wednesday, May 16 2018 @ 10:26:32 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While the break from the pack here isn’t quite as clear as it was in 2034, it still exists to a lesser degree. I present to you eight of the dirty dozen.

12—Alexandria (25) In 2026 they were in V. They won their division 5 of the next 7 seasons and were Legend Champions in 2032.

11—Thunder Bay (5) The most storied franchise in Broken Bat history has advanced 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 rounds in Cup play over the last 10 seasons. They won their Legends division three times.

10—Edmond (21) They claimed 4 league championships and a Cup crown. Now they’re in Legends looking for the title.

9—Fort Worth (15) Another 4-league championship team. They’ve also advanced 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 rounds in the Cup over the last 10 seasons.

8—Cedar Rapids (3) 2nd or 3rd in II the last 7 seasons. Legend champs in 2027.

7—Novi (9) You don't want to play the Doubledays in the playoffs. They've gone 3 for 3 in the last ten seasons (and 9 for 10 in their entire history).

6—Broomfield (16) 5+ rounds in the Cup 5 times! And, naturally, 5 division championships.

5—Battle Creek (10) Legend champions in 2034. Their end-of-season ranking the last three seasons—2nd, 1st, 2nd.

motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
The missing team might be Orlando. The owner quitted playing brokenbat...
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So the top 4 must go something like (4-3-2-1)

Santa Monica
Waterloo
Birmingham
College Station

Seca needs to stop tanking in the cup! ;)
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My guess is :
1)Birmingham slightly better last 2 seasons of DOPE than Waterloo
2)Waterloo
3)College Staion up from 7th and closing the gap but still need another season or two to catch the leaders as we were still in div III 10 seasons ago
4)Santa Monica
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with Freddy.

@motko, nope when Mig quit the team got moved to Providence. The Orlando franchise you're thinking of won't be one of the top 4, I can guarantee that, because I passed them going down on my way up about 8 seasons ago. No way they are still this high in the rankings. They may be one of those teams already listed though, as I have no idea if they moved again after going to Providence.

Edit: Looks like I was dead on with my 11, and forgot Fort Worth.

Updated Thursday, May 17 2018 @ 8:06:29 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here we go!

The Final Four are easily the elite. Their resumes over the last ten seasons blow everyone else away. Like last time, there is no subjectivity here. It’s all in the numbers and they’re ridiculously tight. In case you missed my earlier post that gives a glimpse into exactly how they fare compared to the others, I’ll repeat the info here and even throw in a few more teams. If we give a score of 100 to the #1 team, here are the rounded scores:

#1—100
#2—100
#3—99
#4—97
#5—88
#6—85
#13—77
#36—60

As that shows, the top four teams are extremely close together and have a sizeable gap between themselves and the next best teams. Congratulations to the killer four.

4—Waterloo (2) There is something very strange about these results. Waterloo has a Cup crown, yet it is the Cup that drops them to fourth because they have five seasons where they didn’t make it out of the Group Stage. I have a feeling that was largely by design, but those missing points cost them DOPE. They’ve been in Legends the entire ten seasons and have three division victories and two Legend titles. They've finished every season over the last decade no worse than 6th in the overall rankings. That’s just not even right, except it is.

3—Santa Monica (8) Five division titles and two league championships are super sweet. Their Cup play has been awesome and largely got them to this spot. Over the past ten seasons I’m fairly sure they have done something that is unique in all of Broken Bat--they have every possible outcome in the Cup other than winning it.

2—Birmingham (1) In 2034 they basically won the DOPE title in extra innings. This time it was just as close, only they ended up on the short side. They’ve been in Legends the full ten seasons and only had one season with less than 85 wins. They went 1-1 in the playoffs, claiming one Legends title. They had six straight seasons where they finished in the overall rankings in the top three. Did that register, reader? Read it again. Sheesh.

1—College Station (7) Some, including The Eye, may be surprised about this result since their first four seasons were in III. However, they’ve been Kong the last four seasons…

In the Cup—Champions, 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 6 rounds.
Legends Placement—Division Winner, Legends Champion, Second Place, Legends Champion.
End of Season Ranking—3rd, 1st, 4th, 1st.

Nothing else needs to be said, except wow. Well, along with…I don’t know how anyone is going to unseat them for the 2038 edition since they will get to drop off two League III performances. The others in the top five have a shot, but even they have a daunting task at hand.

Congratulations, Freddy. You’re the biggest DOPE in the land!
Breestis

Lenexa Titans
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
That was a fantastic read. Thanks for putting in the time to do this.

Congrats to all the teams who made the list, and to College Station of being the DOPEst.

Previous Page | Show All |