Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Award Winners   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I was expecting to have the rookie of the year come from my team and it did.

However, I was rather surprised to see that Sergio Romero won the award. I expected Alfonso Moreno (who finished 2nd) to take it.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
After a rather abysmal season (by my standards) I consider Corvallis fortunate to have pulled out one end-of-year award: Dunbar won All-League Pitcher (to go with his All-Star appearance). It's something...
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Three Golden Gloves for me, Easter at C, Newby at 2B, and Locke in RF. Newby also pulled an All-League.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
All-Leaguers in 1B, 2B, 3B, SS.

+ 2 gloves: C, CF

Best season ever for Bronx sports-wise, economically am getting early worried.

@amalric, about Primetime, nice to see that Roty also goes for defensive players. Or maybe other rookies in the league had very few ABs...

Updated Friday, May 4 2018 @ 10:23:16 am PDT
Shoeless Joe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This 1-claim pickup for me at the beginning of the season turned out to be All-Star; All-League; and MVP. He hit .359 with a 1.047 OPS. Granted it is LLVI, but still a solid year.

Overall, the Samurai had the MVP; 3 All-League; 2 Gold Glove is a season of promotion.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Jon Johnson was the Ace of the staff for the Bikers this year. He went 21-9 with a 3.21 ERA. BAA of .216 and had 207 K's. The Bikers had a team ERA of 3.07, carrying them to the Division Title.

Johnson won the Cy Young, with teammate Joseph Post finishing third in the voting. Johnson was also All-League while Alex Sandoval won a Gold Glove.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@motko - Gann won the award over a 30-year old 1B (by 3 votes), and his own NY teammate Jensen who got off to a fast start then cooled off noticeably in the second half (and lost more PT to Triple J, who did the opposite).

I think Gann won the award based on his XBH (29 doubles, 4 triples, 20 homers) and 131 games of decent defence at a premium defensive position. And maybe being a 121 SI/16 POT player, who knows.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
@ amalric

Yeah the number of hits and xbh's must be a factor. I had a MVP candidate Wayne Bryan who hit .340 but had too few overall hits throughout the season. I dont tink age or skill index affects at all, right?
Lucky you, you have a 16-POT player, wtf, bro?!?!
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had 3 all league players, none of which were surprising. SP Toni Leon, CF Ramon Quintanilla, and league MVP 1B Jon Cote. It was Cote's second all league selection and his first MVP award
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clark Rowell won the Rookie of the Year award in Legends. Looking forward to many, many more seasons of him raking at a high level. Certainly going to need it with my pitching staff solidly in decline.

Previous Page | Show All |