Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Focus   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't seem to locate the recent posts and question about it. While searching for something else, I stumbled upon Steve's comments about training focus. Here you go...

People who play other games are used to training focus concentrating all training (and skill increases) on that one skill.

Such is not the case in Broken Bat. The difference between the focused skill improvements and other skill improvements are small (5-10%). It more like a club emphasis on playing a certain way.

Regardless of your skill focus, players will end up largely the same. As in real life, that wimpy middle infielder isn't going to suddenly grow huge muscles because you're focused on power hitting. Nor is your radar gun going to shatter because you're focusing on pitching velocity. But it does effect how players develop.

Steve

Here's the thread.

Updated Thursday, March 1 2018 @ 4:09:06 pm PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice find. Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I occasionally put focus on Hitting since I have so many guys with underdeveloped hitting, but I don't like to do it too often. While you can get 10-15% increase in training towards hitting, its still a net 0 gain for batters, and its a loss of 10-15% for pitching training.

Previous Page | Show All |