Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> I love this game, but...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
... If these restores are going to be a thing now I may have to start looking elsewhere. I get it, it's a free game and one gets what one pays for and all that, but I don't need technology's help to be stuck in VI next season.

I had several promising players from the real 2035 draft. That was whiped out. Oh well, so I drafted a halfway decent first-rounder last week and figured that was it. I set my ST lineup in advance as I knew I'd be busy this week, then thought I'd check on it today. I come back today to find out that not only do I need to draft another first-rounder, but my lineup was reset and players I got rid of were back to say hello.

As I said, I love this game, but what's the point of preparing in advance if it doesn't stick? If this is going to be a thing, I'm gonna start reconsidering whether or not paying for my baseball fix is a good idea again.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There was only one day Steve did restoring. The DB was damaged. Steve, explored ways to restore it, but in the end he had to roll back to the beginning of the year. Then on one day during the weekend there were several unsuccessful restore attempts, until it worked. You must have logged in during the weekend when Steve was restoring the DB. Its not something that has been continuing to happen.

You're lucky it was the first week of the season, so you didn't miss out on a draft pick.

Updated Saturday, February 24 2018 @ 2:18:31 pm PST
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
There have only been two major continuity issues in recent seasons. Neither were Steve's fault. One happened when the host server updated the servers, the other happened halfway through the first 2035 when something got corrupted on the server that disassociated players from teams.

The only reason there were multiple resets on the second event was because Steve was trying to fix things without doing a full-blown restore from backup. It just didn't work, necessitating another reset.

The fault lies not with Steve, but the company running the servers hosting Broken Bat. I expect that if these resets do become a regular occurance, Steve will probably start looking for other hosting options – if he hasn't already.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I understand your feelings and it’s certainly not the aim of this game to periodically roll-back the game. When something like this happens, we do try to learn from the experience and take measures to avoid these problems in the future.

That said, I’ve been in your position too, where several other games I’ve been playing have been forced to do roll-backs and I’ve felt disappointed and a little bit cheated that my hard work has gone for not.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |