Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Which guy would you prefer at SS?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/142473

http://brokenbat.org/player/118604

Neither isn't an answer.. if, at the moment, you had to choose between them...

Thanks
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd go for Peters personally because of the higher fielding. Ideally you'd want someone with a better arm but in a jam I'd prioritize fielding.

You might want to stick around for some more qualified people's opinions before making a final decision though.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's always the fielding guy for me. Fewer errors, fewer DPs.

My guess is difference in errors would be greater than the difference in DPs. I've had a theory that fielding helps turn DPs (real life --> the transfer).

I admired Lombardo while he played for an opponent, and picked him up for a season when he was available. Was very happy with his play. Dinos currently have McCarty at short. Have remained competitive in DPs turned despite his 11 arm. (Have long had a ground ball pitching staff, so might be a little misleading).

Arm would be great. But glove takes priority for me.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Eww...yeah those are both ugly. My unqualified opinion though is that Peters is probably the better option. He's only 28, so he might still grow. But other than that I don't see much difference. Good luck!
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see that much difference either. They both aren't bringing much to the table with the bat, and they have essentially identical range. I'm just trying to suss out better glove vs better arm, and probably some better OBP with Peters. Neither are awesome, but both are better than I can bring to the table at the moment, which is nothing. :)

Previous Page | Show All |